1. Kingfisher redefines ‘Original Social Network’ with new ad campaign: Through a series of seven short and snappy videos titled Channel, Follow, Check In, Whatsapp Tick, Sharing, Trending and Tinder, the brand establishes Kingfisher beer as an essential element of socialising while using modern social media jargon like ‘#TheRightSwipe’ for Tinder, ‘share’, ‘like’ and the concept of double ticks on Whatsapp.
2. ShopClues’ new campaign aims at creating experience of market against mall shopping: #MallNahiMarket is a 360-degree media campaign, which reinforces ShopClues’ market positioning as a mass brand. The campaign offers shoppers an experience of an Indian street market with competitive pricing and a wide assortment.
3. Sourabh Mishra to exit Bates CHI&Partners, launch branding agency: Sourabh Mishra, chief strategy officer, Bates CHI&Partners, has decided to leave the agency. Mishra’s last day will be 31 March 2016, post which he plans to go independent and launch a branding agency.
4. Gap enters Mumbai with the dabbawalas! The American casual brand partners with Mumbai’s iconic dabbawalas to say #helloMumbai. Gap’s CEO Oliver Kaye shares insights about the new campaign, plans ahead, response from the brand and more.
5. Times Internet and Investopedia collaborate to offer curated content: Times Internet has announced a strategic partnership with Investopedia.com, one of the web’s premier destinations for financial information. Through this partnership, Investopedia and Times Internet will collaborate to create and curate a blend of local and international content, knowledge events and seminars to grow the brand amongst the audience in India.
6. ‘Plans banate raho, zindagi sajate raho’ is LIC’s new theme: Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), India’s largest insurance company, is reaching out to its consumers with a new campaign created by DDB Mudra Group. The theme of the campaign is ‘Plans banate raho, zindagi sajate raho’ (keep making plans, keep living life).
7. Zee launches free OTT platform, OZEE: The online platform, set to go live on mobile application in the first week of March, will offer the entire network’s content, except for sports and English content that will be made available later.
8. Medulla Communications’ #LastWords film will make you look at ‘end of life’ differently: Medulla Communications, a healthcare-specialist advertising agency, released a digital film titled #LastWords, with an aim to spread awareness about palliative care. Palliative care is a specialised medical care for people with serious illnesses. The campaign was officially launched by IAPC and the Human Rights Commissioner of Maharashtra, at an event in Pune, which was attended by 500 healthcare professionals and healthcare agencies from across the world.