1. Hero ISL campaign heralds birth of a footballing nation: Conceptualised by Ogilvy &Mather, the TV commercial urges Indians to be part of their very own league, with a simple yet powerful phrase: “C’mon India, let’s football”. Read more here.
2. Dentsu Aegis Network predicts higher global ad spend growth at 5%: Figures supported by strong performances by the US and the UK, with Western Europe returning to positive growth in 2014 and 2015. Read more here.
3. HUL, BJP, PHD India among winners at MMA SMARTIES India 2014 Awards: The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) today unveiled the winners of the third annual MMA SMARTIES India Awards 2014 in Mumbai. Showcasing the ‘best of the best’ in the industry, the SMARTIES India Awards honour solid mobile strategies that address specific business challenges through the creative use of mobile technologies. Winners were declared across 21 categories with over 60 brands and 40 agencies participated in this year’s awards. Read more here.
4. Ybrant Digital to be renamed Lycos Internet: Hyderabad-based digital marketing solutions company Ybrant Digital has informed BSE (pdf) that it intends to consolidate all its media properties and rename the company to “Lycos Internet Limited”, subject to approval from the Registrar of Companies and the company shareholders. Read more here.
5. ‘Suno Nahi Dekho’, says CarDekho.com: After winning the creative mandate for CarDekho.com in August 2014, Linen Lintas has unveiled a TVC for the auto portal titled – ‘Suno Nahin Dekho’, portraying the differentiation that CarDekho.com offers its users. Read more here.
6. MTV launches ‘Campus Diaries’: A college connect programme, ‘B’lue MTV Campus Diaries’ will be live 365 days, across 200+ campuses, through monthly engagements, vignettes on TV and presence on digital. Read more here.
7. Star Plus to debut the promo for ‘Satyamev Jayate’ exclusively on Twitter: Star Plus is gearing up for the third season of its show ‘Satyamev Jayate’. With the success of rise in online conversation around the show in the last two seasons, this season audience will be engaged in many unique ways on Twitter. Read more here.
8. Lybrate launches two dedicated Android apps for doctors and patients: Doctor directory and clinic management system Lybrate has launched two healthcare apps: Practice Management for doctors and Find Best Doctors for patients. The apps are currently only available on the Android platform although the company claims iPhone and Windows apps are coming soon. Lybrate had secured $1.225 million in investment last month from Nexus Venture Partners. Read more here.
9. Star Movies creates a secret club on Twitter: The movie channel gives select users an invite for the ‘secret screening’ of Hollywood movies weeks before their international release. Read more here.
10. Frilp to enter into Southeast Asian market: Frilp, the online platform that helps users discover a shop or service through trusted friends in the real world, plans to enter into the Southeast Asian market by the end of 2014. Read more here.
11. Publicis Group & Adobe partner to deliver always-on global marketing management platform: Publicis Groupe and Adobe announced a strategic partnership to deliver the Publicis Groupe Always-On Platform™, the first end-to-end marketing management platform from Publicis Groupe that automates and connects all components of a client’s marketing efforts. Read more here.