1. Twitter India appoints Anupam Dixit as its first Industry Manager: Twitter India today announced the appointment of Anupam Dixit as Twitter’s first Industry Manager in India. The official handle of Twitter India (@TwitterIndia) tweeted out the following announcing his appointment. Read more here.
2. IAMAI unveils Mobile Marketing Casebook: As a first from the mobile marketing industry in India, the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), unveiled the Mobile Marketing Casebook, in association with media investment company - GroupM and Times Group’s internet & mobile venture - Times Internet Limited (TIL). Read more here.
3. Lakshmi Narasimhan leaves Network18 for big data firm Crayon Data: Lakshmi Narasimhan, former Network18 CEO who had moved to a corporate role after Durga Raghunath had taken over his role in April this year, had joined big data firm Crayon Data to head its “mobile and data transformation” offering, focusing on its advertising, FMCG and media verticals. Read more here.
4. Directi founder launches Flock: aims to be the WhatsApp for official purposes: Bhavin Turakhia founded Directi, a prominent domain registrar that was acquired by Endurance International earlier this year for a hefty sum. Branching out from that business, one of the things Bhavin focuses on now is Riva- an organization based in the communications space that has today announced the launch of Flock, a free chat service for work and business environments (they also run Ringo). Read more here.
5. Woodland Launches Explore More: Woodland has launched an interactive digital outdoor magazine ‘Woodland Explore More’ to cater to outdoor adventurers and explorers across the world and help them with more information. Read more here.
6. Quikr hires Vineet Sehgal as its chief marketing officer: Online classifieds company Quikr has appointed Vineet Sehgal as its chief marketing officer. He will be responsible for marketing strategies in areas including partnerships, performance marketing and brand building at his new position. Read more here.
7. IMImobile to power BBC’s mobile and social audience engagement: IMImobile, a global technology company providing software and services which help businesses capitalise on the growth in mobile communications, today announced that they have been awarded the contract under the BBC’s framework agreement for the provisioning of Mobile and Social Messaging services to help the BBC streamline the audience engagement process across mobile and social channels. Read more here.