1. Cheil bags inshorts’ creative and digital mandates: Cheil India has announced that it has bagged the creative and digital mandates of inshorts, a mobile app that provides top news stories in less than 60 words each. The account was awarded to Cheil after a multi-agency pitch, informed an agency statement.
2. Subway highlights its value proposition with a cheeky twist: Subway has rolled out a new TVC to promote its ‘Sub of the Day’ offering priced at Rs 99. The TVC, conceptualised by Publicis Capital, highlights the fact that while it is not possible to foresee what the future holds, with Subway’s ‘Sub of the Day’ one can known in advance what’s on offer on all days of the week.
3. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles woos the true auto enthusiasts: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) India has rolled out its new brand campaign, ‘Crafted for Car Lovers’. Conceptualised by Ogilvy & Mather, the underlying theme of the campaign is based on the insight that Fiat Cars are designed for the true auto enthusiasts.
4. Facebook top networking app, WhatsApp top messaging app: Study: Facebook remains the most popular social networking site in India with 51 per cent of users logging on daily, while WhatsApp tops the list of instant messaging (IM) apps, according to report by global research consultancy firm TNS.
5. Godrej launches ad campaign for dengue awareness: Godrej Consumer Products has launched a new nationwide campaign with the tagline ‘Subah Bolo Good Knight’ to create awareness about the seriousness of dengue.
6. OLX goes from ‘bech de’ to ‘khareed le’ in new campaign: OLX, the online marketplace for used goods, has released two new TVCs as part of its first buyer-focused campaign. Created by Lowe Lintas, the ads highlight the message of affordable prices and encourage consumers to fulfill their dreams without any delay.
7. Flipkart urges people to seize the opportunities that come one’s way: To prepare every Indian customer for the biggest sale event of the year, Flipkart has rolled out a series of video ads built around the theme of ‘Abhi Nahin Toh Kabhi Nahin’. Conceptualised by creative agency Chapter Five, #TheBigBillionDays films talk about Flipkart’s five day-long mega shopping event (October 13 to 17, 2015), showcasing ‘Abhi Nahin’ situations. The first film garnered close to 4 lakh views within two days of its launch.
8. Joydeep Kalra joins Magnon\TBWA as SVP: Magnon\TBWA has appointed Joydeep Kalra as the senior vice president of the agency. Prior to this, he was executive director and head of sales and marketing at Zed Axis Technologies.
9. Pulp Strategy launches cloud-based DIY app creation platform, Instappy: Pulp Strategy has announced the launch of Instappy, a cloud-based mobile app creation platform that allows users to build intuitive and fully native applications for iOS and Android instantly.
10. Ogilvy’s Shenaz Bapooji Joins Shopmatic Group as Chief Marketing Officer: Shopmatic Group has roped in Shenaz Bapooji as Chief Marketing Officer. She will be based out of Bengaluru and will be reporting to Anurag Avula, CEO and Co-Founder, Shopmatic Group.
11. Shopclues Celebrates 1 Crore Customers with ‘Thank You’ Campaign: On successfully recording 1 crore customers, ShopClues, a managed marketplace has launched the bigger than the “Biggest Thank You Sale”. The promotional property from ShopClues will be live between 5th and 10th October, 2015 and will offer deals as well as Clues Bucks worth Rs. 1,00,000 for existing customers.