With Facebook, Twitter revealing their year end lists now it is turn for YouTube to share what trended in India. In a latest blog post Google India has shared top trending non-music YouTube videos and top trending YouTube music videos. The post also includes lists of YouTube music and non-music videos that trended globally.
Listed below are the top 10 trending non-music videos. Comedy dominates the trend unlike Twitter and Facebook which saw General Elections taking over the year end lists. Comedy Nights with Kapil, AIB with Alia Bhatt and The Viral Fever dominate the list.
1. Comedy Nights WIth Kapil – Sunny & Ekta Kapoor
2. AIB: Alia Bhatt – Genius of the Year
3. Bollywood Aam Aadmi Party : Arnab’s Qtiyapa
4. Narendra Modi in Aap Ki Adalat 2014
5. Lion Shows Tourists Why You Must Stay Inside Your Car
6. Nayak 2: The Common Man Rises
7. The Seatbelt Crew
8. Ranveer’s Bang Bang Dare – A Tribute to Hrithik
9. Nestlé Good Food, Good Life
10. Top 50 Hit Songs – English Nursery Rhymes – Collection of Animated Rhymes for Kids
Comparing both the lists – music and non music video lists of 2014, it clearly shows that Indians really love Sunny Leone. She dominates YouTube in India as of now from interviews to music videos.
From a brand point Nestle India in the only one to make a presence unlike the global list which has a fair share of branded content. Experts have already said that brands in India will have to invest on original content for the YouTube generation rather than just shoving the 30 second TVC. But at the same time it is good to see The Seatbelt Crew – road safety campaign, an initiative by VithU and Ogilvy & Mather, Mumbai featuring in the list.
This is the reason why YouTube hesitates in sharing Indian ads that have trended in 2014 unlike the global list of most popular ads. Perhaps the growing interest in content by Indian marketers will compel YouTube to look into this area in 2015.