1. Fastrack goes quirky again with ‘Never Have A Never Have I Ever’ moment: Popular youth accessories brand, Fastrack, has let loose a quirky, iconoclastic television commercial that dares the young to “Never Have A Never Have I Ever” moment. The brand is associated with watches, sunglasses and bags. The three films have been created by Lowe Lintas.
2. Stung by the Zika virus, Tata Motors’ hatchback is now ‘Tiago’: Tata Motors has renamed its newly launched hatchback ‘Zica’, apparently to ward off the spell of the deadly Zika virus. The ‘Zica’ model will now be known as ‘Tiago’. The announcement came late on Monday evening and began trending soon after on Twitter.
3. Komli Media expands to Indonesia: APAC’s leading digital media technology brand, Komli Media, now a part of India’s SVG Media Group, has announced that it is expanding operations in South-East Asia with the opening of an office in Jakarta, Indonesia. Komli Media has also partnered with Smartpipe, one of the leading real-time data brokers for network operators, for its Indonesia operations.
4. Sonakshi Sinha is new face of Animal Planet’s tiger campaign: Wildlife channel, Animal Planet, has roped in Bollywood actor Sonakshi Sinha for its fifth annual campaign to protect and conserve the tiger population in India. The leading lady of many Hindi films will be the face of Animal Planet’s 2016 ‘Where Tigers Rule’ campaign. The programme will be on air every night at 9 PM, beginning March 1.
5. Of Smoking, Sex and Sanskaar: Death sex and drama. What else can the viewer of a Hindi film ask for? Especially, a public service ad film which seeks to discourage people from smoking? And, one which has the startling cast of Sunny Leone, Alok Nath and Deepak Dobriyal?
6. Hike plans to use artificial intelligence to beat WhatsApp: Kavin Mittal has a theme: apps will go the way of compact disks (CDs). They will be obsolete within the next year. He argues that the price of smartphones might be dropping, but real estate on the memory card remains small and valuable. There is one app that everyone needs and that is a messaging app, which is where Hike comes in.
7. McCann creates two TVCs for RB’s Dettol Gold: Two new commercials have been launched on the television and digital medium by Dettol to highlight the need of a superior anti-bacterial solution with the rising new age illnesses.