1. FilmyFilmy website transliterates English to Hindi; are others listening? Gurgaon based Pariksha Labs, a 5 year old R&D software service provider, launched a website and an app called Filmy Filmy which transliterates English to Hindi, when looking for a song or a title on the website. The website itself comes in Hindi by default but there’s a language option at the bottom where users can switch to English. It appears that Pariksha Labs had been working on this feature since sometime last week.
2. Citibank testing cryptocurrency as a digital payment platform: Citibank is running a test platform for digital currencies and is planning its own solutions called CitiCoin, reports IBTimes UK. The bank claims to have already constructed three blockchains and a test currency to run across them. These systems are still in the test phases with no real money passing through them.
3. Times Network’s Viral Jani to head Twitter India’s TV partnerships: Viral Jani, AVP – TV Strategy and Social Media, Times Network, has moved on after a stint of about four and a half years with the network. Jani, who was heading television strategy and social media for Times Now, ET Now and Zoom, is slated to join Twitter India to head TV partnerships. The news has been confirmed by industry sources familiar with the development.
4. ShopClues makes ‘Ghar Wapsi’ a delightful sale experience: Now shop whilst you are returning from your office. In their bid to boost ‘commute commerce’, online shop merchant ShopClues has launched a new TVC to announce its ‘Ghar Wapsi’ sale. This concept has been especially designed for the evening rush hour between 6 pm and 9 pm with surprise deals on app across various categories – fashion, electronics, home items, etc.
5. Dainik Bhaskar Launches ‘Happy Rajasthan’ Campaign: Dainik Bhaskar has launched ‘Happy Rajasthan’ which is all about sharing one’s happy moments and memories of Rajasthan. Through this initiative, one can upload their “Happy Rajasthan” pictures and videos, post them on www.happyrajasthan.com and invite friends and family to vote for their entries.
6. Sandipan Bhattacharyya joins GREY group India as Chief Creative Officer: GREY group India announced the appointment of Sandipan Bhattacharyya as its Chief Creative Officer, effective August 1, 2015. He will oversee the Mumbai, Gurgaon (New Delhi/NCR) and Bengaluru offices across all platforms including advertising, digital and below the line. He will be based in Mumbai, reporting to Sunil Lulla, Chairman and Managing Director of Grey group India.
7. InMobi Is Reimagining Ads; Launches Miip, A Discovery Platform: InMobi has launched Miip, a discovery platform that transforms advertising into moments of discovery for users. Miip creates discovery zones for consumers within their favorite apps and presents a curated collection of product feeds, apps and related content with stunning visuals.