1. Raghav Bahl-led Quintillion Media invests Rs 4 crore in Youth Ki Awaaz: YouthKiAwaaz, an online news and views platform, has raised angel funding of Rs 4 crore from Quintillion Media, the cross-platform digital content venture founded by Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur.
2. Snapdeal to invest $100 million in Shopo and claims 20k sellers on platform: Ecommerce player Snapdeal will be investing $100 million in Shopo, its mobile marketplace for small businesses, reports Press Trust of India. Snapdeal CEO Kunal Bahl told the publication that the platform already has 20,000 businesses.
3. Zomato to create subscription based apps for restaurants: Zomato has launched a whitelabel platform to help restaurants create their own mobile apps. The platform lets restaurants customize the app design with their own splash screen and app icon, send push notification to users, display reviews sourced from Zomato and offers reporting & analytics data through the app.
4. Horlicks educates moms how to ‘unlock’ new avenues for their children: Through this campaign, conceptualised by JWT Delhi, Horlicks articulates the importance of supplementing a child’s regular diet to fill the nutritional gaps.
5. Bharat Matrimony has a funny take on marriage matters: Its first-ever, mobile-only campaign comprises three 20-second videos, which portray how the society is more bothered about marriages of other people. The videos tell users how to shut inquisitive people up.
6. The Hindu to launch Mumbai edition: Chennai-based English daily, The Hindu, is set to launch its Mumbai edition by end of November. The daily has hired Sachin Kalbag, currently editor of Mumbai-based tabloid Mid-Day, as the resident editor.
7. ‘Take it easy’, says HDFC ERGO General Insurance to motorists: Through an online campaign, the company aims to spread the message of motor insurance as an ideal shield of protection against the potential liabilities arising out of any mishap while driving.
8. Faasos launches ad campaign with 2 new TVCs: Faasos has rolled out its new TV ad campaign that comprises two TVCs, conceptualized by Lowe Lintas India. The new ad campaign highlights the daunting question every consumer asks from the time they wake up till the time they reach home: “Aaj Khane Mein Kya Hai?”
9. #fame organizes an interactive session #famestarsLive: Live video entertainment app #fame has launched #famestarsLive - a series of ground meet ups to evangelize the power of live video.
10. Zomato integrates Paytm wallet for food payments: Restaurant listings and review firm Zomato, which also allows users to order food, will now enable its customers to pay using Paytm mobile wallet. This makes Paytm the first virtual wallet property to sign up with Zomato for food delivery payments, as per a press statement.