Last week Idea Cellular along with HT Media reported their quarterly revenues and yesterday Network18 also announced its financial results for Q2 FY14. We have summarised the quick snapshot of the earnings of all the three companies.
1. The media company has reported digital revenues of Rs 17.81 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. The loss before tax was at Rs 10.29 crore for the quarter.
2. The company noted that the digital segment saw a 34% year-on-year (YoY) growth in revenues, with Shine.com registering a revenue growth of 78% YoY.
3. During the quarter, HT Media made three investments in its subsidiaries. These include, Rs 3.5 crore in HT Digital Media Holdings Limited through equity share application money. Rs 5.17 crore in HT Education Limited through equity shares and another Rs 0.05 crore in Topmovies Entertainment Limited through equity shares.
4. The company also announced that the readership of Hindustan Times was at 3.82 million while the readership of Hindustan is at 12.25 million. Mint’s readership was at 0.22 million with 28% readership share in Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai and Hyderabad put together. HT Media claimed that 90% of the readers are exclusive to Mint, which are not reached by its competitors.
5. Print Advertising revenue: 6% increase to Rs 386.8 crore from Rs 364 crore in Q2-FY13 due to increase in advertising yields and ad volumes. Print Circulation revenue: 14% increase to Rs 64.2 crore from Rs 56.3 crore in Q2-FY13 due to increase in realization per copy.
For more financial details you can click here.
1. The media conglomerate reported its financial results for Q2 FY14 yesterday. Its revenues from digital content and e-commerce stood at Rs. 124.8 crores and operating losses reduced to Rs. 9.3 crores.
2. Revenues from Bookmyshow.com grew over 36% when compared to the previous year. HomeShop18 continued to scale across key operating parameters while containing losses.
3. Digital Content operations recorded revenues of Rs. 20.4 crores for the quarter while the revenues from e-commerce stood at Rs. 104.4 crores.
4. On a YoY basis the revenues from digital content remained constant at Rs. 20.4 crore, while the revenues from e-commerce saw a jump from Rs. 65.3 crore to Rs. 104.4 crores in Q2 FY13.
5. The company turned in a profit after tax of Rs. 10.1 crores for the quarter.
1. Data revenues for the telecom major for the quarter ending June 30th 2013 are 8.7% Service Revenue, up 3.3% YOY.
2. 14.7 million connections added to mobile data usage on a yearly basis. 33.6 million include the 2G+3G users.
3. The company has also said that its “non-data mobile VAS revenues” are under pressure from the “threat emerging from free messenger & chat ‘OTT’ applications/services.”
4. It was also highlighted that more than 15.6 million Idea connections accessed Facebook from their mobile phone in the last quarter, over 8 million accessed YouTube and 4.3 million accessed WhatsApp for the quarter ended September 30th 2013.
5. Mobile data revenue as a percentage of service revenue has increased by 3.3% to 8.7%.
For more details financial details you can click here.
Image courtesy: livemint.com