PepsiCo, Inc. is a multinational food, snack, and beverage corporation having interests in the manufacturing, marketing, and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo entered India in 1989 and in a short period, has grown into one of the largest MNC food and beverage businesses in the country. PepsiCo’s growth in India has been guided by “Performance with Purpose”, its goal to deliver top-tier financial performance while creating sustainable growth and shareholder value.
Mindshare is a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$34.5 billion (source: RECMA). The network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries spread throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Each office is dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands based on the values of speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group.
A significant section of India lives without lights – even during the day their mud walled and thatched roofed houses do not get day-light.
We therefore decided to make a significant dent during Diwali by reminding everyone, that there is a part of India who needs us to come together & brighten up their Diwali.
Our task therefore was to bring alive the brand promise of “Maximizing Moments” in a way that it effected society.
We tied up with a global foundation Liter of Light & installed empty Pepsi bottles filled with water & bleach on rooftops of houses which enabled absorption of solar energy & illuminated houses.
With the help of LOL technology team, we also created street lighting with Pepsi bottles attached to a night solar panel & installed in GJ, MP & TN where Pepsi’s plants were built.
The content was brought alive via moving digital film that spread organically across the YT world & we retargeted them by several other testimonial videos of villagers & urged consumers to volunteer & join the cause by donating.
- Vernacular dissemination: Used native platforms like GajabPost etc to geo target our audience on social
- Google programmatic native social: was used for the first time which resulted in 52% CTR
- YT Programmatic Approach: For the first time, Pepsi used programmatic tool on YouTube to target audience layered with the intelligence of ad engagement during previous campaigns.
- Real Time Optimisation: was done on YT using high engaging affinity genres/days during the weeks/and festive keywords resulting in maximizing views during peak festive season.
This Diwali was special & it lasted a lot longer than 4 days not just for the ones who celebrated it but this time India came together to extend the festive season & spread the joy to the dark side of India as well.
- We touched more than 64 Million families
- Testimonials stories reached over .26MN Indians
- ~4 MN views @avg. VTR of 30%
- ~59k engagement
- LOL among the 10 Most watched Indian ads on YT