1. Zomato introduces online payments for ordering food: Online food ordering, restaurant listing and food delivery service Zomato has introduced online payments for ordering food in select restaurants in India, reports Inc42. The latest version of the iOS and Android applications allows users to pay for orders through debit cards, credit cards and net banking. The report added that Zomato has partnered with PayPal to enable online payments.
2. Rediffusion Y&R appoints Jaideep Mahajan as national creative head: Rediffusion Y&R has brought in Jaideep Mahajan as national creative head. He will be based in Delhi and joins from Linen Lintas in a move that marks his return to the agency. He will also oversee the creative product of Everest Delhi, informed an agency statement.
3. Lloyd Mathias made Marketing Head – Consumer PC, HP Asia Pacific-Japan: Lloyd Mathias, Marketing Director – PC & Printing Division, Hewlett Packard India has been elevated to Marketing Head – Consumer PC for HP’s Asia-Pacific-Japan region. According to informed industry sources, Mathias will be moving to Singapore in a couple of months to take charge of his new role.
4. Lloyd goes ‘unisex’ to bust gender myths around washing machines: RK Swamy BBDO’s campaign to introduce Lloyd Washing Machines takes on the deep-rooted belief in India that household chores primarily fall under women’s domain.
5. OLX propagates selfless love: OLX’s newest film takes a leaf out of O Henry’s classic ‘The Gift of the Magi’. Here, a loving husband gives up his dream, of exhibiting his paintings in an international gallery, for his wife. He sells his paintings to buy a lens for his wife’s camera, while his wife sells off her DSLR to afford tickets for her husband’s trip.