1. GroupM & Google tie-up to launch virtual shopping platform this Diwali: Media buying agency GroupM and Google have tied-up to launch a virtual shopping and entertainment platform called Grand Diwali Mela during the Diwali festive season, reports The Economic Times. Read more here.
2. Dell brings families closer during festivities: The two TVCs, made by Grey Bangalore, recreate the highly emotive spirit of the festive season and take forward the brand’s global message ‘Easy and Connected Always’. Read more here.
3. Edelman consolidates its digital leadership: Kunal Arora has been hired as National Director of Edelman Digital in India and Deepak Agarwal as Group Creative Director, Digital. Read more here.
4. MySmartPrice Launches Price Comparison On WhatsApp: Price comparison company, MySmartPrice has announced an integration on whatsapp. Once you send a query to 9332222222 on Whatsapp, you will get the market price of any device immediately. This comes as a handy tool for people who are shopping at offline stores and want to quickly find the price online to make a decision. Read more here.
5. Microsoft keen to team up with India: Satya Nadella: On a day when Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a pitch for “i-ways for a Digital India” and asked industry captains to seize the initiative, the Hyderabad-born chief executive of Microsoft has offered a partnership to help accelerate the country’s growth. Read more here.