India with 232 million Internet users – a 37% year-on-year growth happens to be the third largest market. India also happens to be the top country in adding new Internet users per year, it added more than 63 million in 2014. These findings are a part of the influential annual assessment of the Internet economy by Mary Meeker.
Last month Meeker introduced her 196 page 2015 Internet Trends Report at the Code Conference in Rancho Palos Verdes. India – the emerging power in the internet landscape – finds a respectable place with China (Click here to find the complete 2015 Internet Trends Report).
Listed below are the 7 charts that would help you to understand how Internet trends in the country are evolving in 2015.
1. Indian Internet user penetration takes a steep upward growth from 2014
2. 33% Internet user growth in 2014, with a 16% population penetration
3. 55% smartphone sub growth in 2014, with 11% population penetration
4. WhatsApp followed by Facebook are the top Android apps by usage in Q1 2015
Facebook Messenger stands at fourth position while home-grown messaging app Hike stands tall at the eighth position.
5. 65% of India Internet traffic is dominated by Mobile
6. 41% of total eCommerce sales was driven by mobile in 2014
7. Indian eCommerce players Snapdeal and Flipkart more mobilized