1. Maharashtra leads in internet readiness: IAMAI-Indicus study: Maharashtra has emerged as the top ranking Indian State in an overall Internet readiness index prepared by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Indicus Analytics. In a report titled ‘Index of Internet Readiness of Indian States’, the IAMAI and Indicus Analytics rank Karnataka a close second in terms of Internet readiness, followed by Gujarat, Telengana and Tamil Nadu.
2. Yash Raj Films partners 99Games for ‘Fan’ game: After partnering for the Dhoom: 3 The Game, Yash Raj Films and 99Games have joined hands once again to launch a game of the film Fan starring Shah Rukh Khan.
3. Roopak Saluja’s Sooperfly and Vivek Law set to launch new content brand: Roopak Saluja’s new media company, Sooperfly and senior business journalist, Vivek Law are set to know a video-first brand. The brand will target audiences seeking financial advice and insights across multiple social and other digital platforms.
4. Shemaroo hires Kunal Wadhwani as social media & digital marketing head: Shemaroo Entertainment has appointed Kunal Wadhwani as head of social media and digital marketing to give a push the company’s digital marketing initiatives.
5. Digital media startup Inc42 raises pre-Series A funding from Unicorn, Aarin & others: Ideope Media Pvt. Ltd, which operates media portal Inc42.com, has secured an undisclosed amount in a pre-Series A round of funding led by Unicorn India Ventures and Aarin Capital.
6. This Valentines, Woo Says ‘Let’s Talk’: Woo, one of the leading matchmaking app, has rolled out its first web series ‘Let’s Talk’ ahead of Valentine’s Day. The three episode series will air weekly on Woo’s YouTube channel and Facebook page, showcasing the kind of guys one can find on Woo.