1. MediaTek sets up R&D facility in Bangalore; to invest $200M in the country: Chipmaker MediaTek will set up a new Research & Development (R&D) facility in Bangalore and has earmarked $200 million for investments in the country over the next few years. Read more here.
2. TechRadar’s Indian edition goes live: Times Internet seems to have launched the Indian edition of Future Plc’s technology news and reviews site TechRadar, six months after the initial tie-up with Future Plc. Read more here.
3. Price comparison site PriceBag raises $2 million angel investment: Gurgaon-based Accentium Web* which operates the product discovery and price comparison portal PriceBag.com has raised $2 million in angel funding from undisclosed angel investors. Read more here.
4. Park Avenue Storm ‘wows’ to woo men: The TVC, conceptualised by Publicis, strings together striking moments featuring men following their passions, instead of taking the ‘women attraction’ route. Read more here.
5. Ratan Tata invests in online marketplace Snapdeal: Tata Sons Chairman Emeritus, Ratan Tata, has invested in online marketplace Snapdeal.com. “Mr Tata has made a personal investment in the company,” said Bahl, CEO, Snapdeal. The investment amount, however, was not disclosed. In the beginning of August, we had reported that Ratan Tata might be exploring the investment in a personal capacity. Read more here.
6. Bangalore Police Commissioner joined twitter last month, here is what he has been upto: The best part is Bangalore police has taken a step ahead in being public friendly when the commissioner of Police MN Reddi joined twitter to listen to issues from public and interacting with them. Read more here.
7. Tech Mahindra Introduces Its Mobile Job Marketplace Nationally: Tech Mahindra Wednesday launched nationally its affordable mobile job marketplace - ‘Saral Rozgar’ (translating to ‘easy employment’) cards - to help blue-collar job seekers connect with mainstream employers via mobile phone in their own language. Read more here.
8. LinkedIn’s APAC chief Hari Krishnan joins U2opia Mobile’s board of directors: Singapore-based mobile applications company U2opia Mobile has appointed Hari Krishnan, MD, Asia Pacific and Japan at LinkedIn, to its board of directors. According to the company, Krishnan’s insight and guidance in building a robust, agile and competitive enterprise sales organisation will be key as U2opia Mobile expands its enterprise business. Read more here.
9. Analytics co Manthan raises more money from existing investors Fidelity & Norwest: Bangalore-based Manthan Software Services Pvt Ltd, a provider of Business Intelligence and Big Data analytics solutions for enterprises, has secured additional funding from its existing investors Fidelity Growth Partners India and Norwest Venture Partners, sources privy to the development told Techcircle.in. Read more here.
Image courtesy: Twitter