LinkedIn India has revealed fresh numbers about its platform. The world’s largest professional network that recently celebrated its 10th birthday has announced that India has more than 20 million registered users. Growing at a speed of almost 500% after it’s opening operations in November 2009, the platform for professionals however avoids sharing monthly active users.
Along with the numbers LinkedIn also shared some interesting facts about the top industries, skills, etc. According to LinkedIn –
1. Top 3 industries: IT Services, Computer Software and Accounting.
2. Top 3 skills include Management, Sales and Training.
3. Bollywood (1565), Yoga (4775), Cricket (2924) and Curry (231) are some interesting keywords mentioned by members in their LinkedIn profiles.
4. Most InDemand Employers: TCS, Infosys and IBM.
5. Ganganagar, Jalandhar and Delhi-NCR are the top 3 locations where people love their jobs.
The latest figure of 20M users also indicates that India is the biggest market for the platform after US. The platform which globally has more than 225M users is dominated by US at the top position with 74M and with 40M users coming from the Asian continent, India leads from the Asian belt too.
Keeping the faith in the country today, LinkedIn India is headquartered in Mumbai, with two offices in Gurgaon and a Technology Centre in Bangaluru, a first outside of the US. However, the network has been also keen to increase its base in APAC and early this year Hari Krishnan moved out of India operations and joined the Asia Pacific and Japan operations. In fact the Asia-Pacific headquarters of LinkedIn – Singapore which was opened in 2011, recently declared that it has more than 1M registered users.
The fresh numbers will be a boost to the users but at a time when platforms are talking about monthly active users, its time LinkedIn also shed some light on it.