Lighthouse Insights (LI) – a six-year-old startup – is an online website providing niche in-depth coverage of the Indian digital marketing space to help drive decisions for marketers in the ever-evolving digital space.
As the pioneer in highlighting the latest, our key focus has always been in the areas of digital marketing and advertising in the B2C and B2B space in India. Since 2011, we have been reviewing campaigns exploring beyond press releases, analyzing new developments in social networks, bringing in data-backed insights that impact decision making, with a keen eye on the emerging and dying trends defining digital media marketing in India.
Today we have evolved to provide deeper insights to a marketer. That is only going to come from original stories that dig deeper and go beyond news and press releases. Our original stories are categorized under 5 main baskets that concern a marketer – brands, agencies, publishers, data and platforms.
Some examples of our recent stories –
Category – Platforms: Clickbait Publishers, Your Time Is Almost Over On Facebook
We, both co-founders (Vinaya and myself) have been running the show all by our own for the last six years. While we are pretty comfortable with what we are doing, we are looking to add more perspectives. Fresh ideas on how a story can be told and bring value to our readers. (read marketers)
Can you bring that fresh perspective and have the intent to tell interesting stories, then read on. Lighthouse Insights is looking for an experienced “Features Writer.”
1. 4-5 years experience in the reporting or content world. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in writing on digital marketing. This isn’t a job opportunity for freshers.
2. Firm grip on the social and digital world while having a command on the international happenings in the space is a must.
3. You would be required to keep an eye on the news developments so having a social presence on Twitter is a must.
4. Basic knowledge of working around with WordPress is desired.
5. A good command on English language both written and spoken goes without saying.
6. The role is open for people located anywhere in India, as long you are connected; Mumbai is preferable.
1. On a day-to-day basis you would need to keep a track on the news developments and press releases. A story is waiting for you which you then need to explore.
2. With time you would be required to bring stories beyond press releases. You would need to tell stories that need to be told for bringing in fresh perspective on Indian digital marketing.
3. The role is about building original stories than just reporting news, so you would be required to meet, interact and build relationships with the digital world (brands, agencies and publishers).
4. At times you might be asked to attend and report on events, on need basis.
We have a three round of interview process that includes a test and two calls:
1. First email [email protected] your CV with “Features Writer Opening” as the subject line. Attach a cover letter and two of your best writing samples or article links.
2. Based on pre-screening, we’ll schedule a quick call that would be followed by a test. During the test you would be assigned couple of story ideas which you would then need to develop. We would give you 3 days to work on the story and submit to us.
3. The final round is about finalizing the terms and if all goes well you would be hired.
Why should you join LI
1. If you think stories are beyond press releases and news then LI is the right place for you. You might want to read how we are re-looking at Indian digital marketing.
2. We are a startup but we are also human. We have human working hours and weekends off.
3. You would be paid an industry salary, that will get reviewed at the right time.
4. We are not experts but learners. So if you have the intent to learn, observe and work hard then you will have fun.
5. Finally – “We don’t want super heroes but self-starters.”