The week gave us an opportunity to bring interesting news and exciting stories from Indian social media but most of us don’t have the time to consume the insightful articles or the big social media campaign reviews and app reviews. I hope the weekend will give you some time to go through a few of our interesting stories, which we have curated below (Click for the must reads of the last week).
1. Frustrated British Airways Customer Complains Via A Promoted Tweet. New Trend? Chances of Misuse and Lessons To Learn: About the frustrated British Airways customer Hasan Syed who bought a promoted tweet to express his grievances on Twitter, the repercussion of the new trend and what BA could have done to save its reputation on social media. Read more here.
2. The Decent Planet – A Complete Social Network Designed For Decent Interactions: Review of The Decent Planet – a social network that has been conceived with the need to have a decent place for healthy and enlightening interactions for its members. Read more here.
3. Sprite Is Out To Woo The Teens With An Online Talent Hunt ‘Teen Till I Die’: Review of Sprite’s ‘Teen Till I Die’ social media campaign where the beverage brand provides an online platform for teenagers to share their innovative talent in art, music, dance and comedy. Read more here.
4. Initially Indian Politicians Might Not Be Bothered About iForIndia But Eventually They Will, Says Founder Ankur Garg: Interview with Ankur Garg, Founder of iForIndia.org, an Indian citizen driven web based platform where you can express your views on your elected representatives (MLA and CM) by rating them on various issues. Read more here.
5. Groupon India Makes Headlines With Onion Deal At Rs.9 A Kilo, Trends #Onionify On Twitter: Groupon India’s smart marketing with its onion deal at Rs.9 makes headlines as well as trends on Twitter with its hashtag contest #Onionify. Read more here.