The week gave us an opportunity to bring interesting news and exciting stories from Indian social media but most of us don’t have the time to consume the insightful articles or the big social media campaign reviews and app reviews. I hope the weekend will give you some time to go through a few of our interesting stories, which we have curated below (Click for the must reads of the last week).
1. Pockets By ICICI Bank – A Safe And Social Way Of Banking Through Facebook. Needs To Be Mobile Optimized Though: A look at ‘Pockets By ICICI Bank’, a Facebook app that enables users to do regular banking transactions apart from added social features like ‘pay a friend’ and ‘split n share’. Read more here.
2. Kochi Based Startup Ravox Joins The Already Crowded Space Of Facebook Commerce: Review of Kochi Based Startup Ravox which is helping merchants to set up Facebook stores on the social network. Read more here.
3. JoGuru Co Founder, Praveen Kumar Shares The Social Travel Network’s Story, Challenges And Road Ahead: Interview with social travel network JoGuru founder Praveen Kumar in which he shares the story of the network, the present challenges and future plans. Read more here.
4. eBay Defines The Future Of Shopping With eBay Check Chrome Extension: Review of social media campaign for promoting the eBay Check, a Google Chrome Extension by ebay that will automatically gives the best prices on eBay.in for any products you may be looking for. Read more here.
5. Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition Drives Engagement Through Social Media: Review of social media promotions for Tata Safari Storme Explorer Edition that involves a blogging contest, a treasure hunt on Twitter, finding the explorer quotient in fans on Facebook, among regular promotions. Read more here.
6. For World Coffee Week, Bru Adds A Hue Of Coffee To Your Favourite Pictures With #BRUPortraits: For World Coffee Week celebration, coffee brand Bru from HUL launched #BRUPortraits where fans could send in their memorable pictures while Bru would add a hue of coffee to them. Read more here.