The week gave us an opportunity to bring interesting news and exciting stories from Indian social media but most of us don’t have the time to consume the insightful articles or the big social media campaign reviews and app reviews. I hope the weekend will give you some time to go through a few of our interesting stories, which we have curated below (Click for the must reads of the last week).
1. Why Facebook’s Claim That “Register To Vote” Feature Will Encourage Indians To Vote Is Baseless: With the introduction of “Register To Vote” feature by Facebook, the social network thinks that it will encourage more Indian citizens to vote in the upcoming elections. We debate that it is a baseless claim. Read more here.
2. LG India Promotes The Optimus G Pro Using Vine As A Technology And Not As A Video Sharing Network. We Ask Why? SkyHub, a digital agency has embraced the social medium of Vine and Instagram to promote the launch of LG’s G Pro smartphone but it fails to reap the benefits of the social video networks. Read more here.
3. Star Plus Launches Mythological Series Mahabharat With A Massive 360 Degree Marketing Campaign. Social Plays A Big Role: Star Plus Launches new Mythological series Mahabharat with a massive 360 degree pre-show marketing buzz. Integration of social has been quite crucial too in the promotions. Read more here.
4. Portico India Connects With The Youth Through ‘The Great Indian Pillow Fight’ On Facebook: Review of Portico India’s Facebook campaign – The Great Indian Pillow Fight, where one can throw pillows at their friends, score points and win prizes. Read more here.
5. How Bollywood Movie ‘Ship Of Theseus’ Was Promoted On Social Media: Understanding how social media played a big role during the movie promotions of Ship Of Theseus which is written and directed by Anand Gandhi. Read more here.
6. Blonkr Is Trying To Enhance Your Sharing and Buying Experiences Via Social Media: App review of Blonkr, a startup that is trying to enhance your sharing and buying experiences via social media. Read more here.
7. Flixstreet – A Social Platform To Discover, Share And Follow Indian Movies: Review of Flixtreet – a social discovery and recommendation engine for Indian movies, where you can discover, share and follow your friends’ recommendations on movies. Read more here.
8. The Decent Planet Has Managed To Get 235 Applications, Of Which 121 Have Been Approved, Says Co-Founder Piyush Grover: Interview with Piyush Grover, Co-Founder at The Decent Planet – a decent place for intellectually stimulating discussions, where he shares how decency is gauged, challenges and further plans for the network. Read more here.
9. Happy With Our Investments On Social But Conversion Of Fans To Dollars Should Happen More Says Anshu Bagai,CMO,Tupperware India: Interview with Anshu Bagai,CMO,Tupperware India who shares the social media journey, ‘She Can You Can’ campaigns success details and road ahead for the brand on social and digital media. Read more here.