As a student, at times I always felt that there was a lack of counseling when I was trying to start my career. This is a phase most Indian students pass through and efforts from LegalPulp might help at least the law students . Legal Pulp is a portal provided by lawyers for budding lawyers. It is a one stop destination for law students where they can find ample amount of information regarding internships, diplomas, LLM, placements, etc. With an amazing idea, LegalPulp has been evolving in the social media circle too. The genuine effort on social media led me to have a telephone call with the founder of LegalPulp, Sanchit Mehta. Sanchit is also the man behind all the social media efforts for LegalPulp and is doing a decent job. To know more and help LegalPulp, I did a review of their social media efforts.
LegalPulp Social Media Presence:
Facebook : LegalPulp embarked on its social media journey a month before its launch to create a buzz which is a brilliant idea. With close to three hundred fans, one must appreciate that LegalPulp is a flourishing community on Facebook.
- A decent landing page for its Facebook fans is a must and LegalPulp has it right there.
- The info tab is filled with the right information for a fan and it is helpful too.
- The content on the wall is clear and sticks to the objective of being a community of aspiring lawyers.
- Engagement with fans is there on the Facebook fan page which is a must for any community to survive.
LegalPulp has some cool work done on it’s Facebook fan page but some more work will help them grow a healthy community on Facebook.
- The landing page is interesting and funny but the ‘Why’ part is missing. May be if LegalPulp can highlight it then it will motivate fans to join the community more. Also make sure that you don’t keep it static, keep changing it themed with certain occasions. Make your fan page lively and informative!
- Content is right there but mix in with a bit of variety. Try using Questions and Polls app. This will help you to create different content and motivate fans to jump in the discussions. For more info, please check this article here.
- Being active is a must otherwise fans will feel deserted but make sure that you don’t spam timeline of your fans. A decent three to four timely scheduled posts throughout the day will be great. No magic number when to post more or when not to. This is an experiment – you only learn when you do it.
Engagement is a must with fans otherwise you will be left with bots. Make sure that you complete the engagement circle. For e.g.: You posted content and let’s say on a good day you get 2 Likes and one comment. You reply to the comment but what about the two likes. Ask them what was cool about the post or how did it help them. As a community manager, one needs to draw people to talk. For more information on engagement on Facebook fan page, check Mari Smith’s article here.
- Appreciate fans whenever you can. You can do it weekly saying fan of the week or make it tailor made. The idea is to say thanks to your fans that are your part of the community.
Twitter : LegalPulp has a Twitter presence which is new but it is thriving to grow. Even though with a small community, LegalPulp is trying to make a presence on Twitter. However to make a flourishing community like Facebook, LegalPulp needs to tweak its Twitter engagement.
- The Logo is consistent with Facebook that is quite cool but the background is empty. Try to use the space and you can have a look at some of the cool Twitter backgrounds here. The idea of the background should be informative and content that speaks about your brand.
- The Twitter info is cool and the website address is great but how about directing Twitter users to a personalized Twitter
landing page. This could be the about page or a well designed page for Twitter users. For a detailed understanding, have a look here.
- Growing up the network is a challenge but you can use apps such as Followerwonk and Twellow. Make sure that you connect to like-minded people that will help LegalPulp to grow as a brand.
- The content shared is helpful but it is a replica of the Facebook which shouldn’t be the case. It does not offer anything new to a fan if she is following on both the networks. So keep the content different and minimize auto posting in all networks.
- Talking to your community is the best way to grow a healthy Twitter network. So talk to your followers on their tweets, engage them on discussion and Twitter chats is a great way to increase your community as well as spreading the word about LegalPulp.
LinkedIn : Is an amazing professional network and LegalPulp has a clever presence on it. They have a group opened which is an awesome idea. However make it an active forum and you will definitely gain a lot of attraction. For more information on how to make an active Linkedin group check this article here by Stephanie. Opening a LinkedIn company talk to your followers on their tweets, engage them on discussion and Twitter chats is a great way to increase your community as well as spreading the word about LegalPulp.
- Finally monitoring your Twitter activity is required so use apps such as Klout, Twoolr to measure and align your Twitter activities according to your objective. However Twoolr is free only for the first thirty days.
LinkedIn : Is an amazing professional network and LegalPulp has a clever presence on it. They have a group opened which is an awesome idea. However make it an active forum and you will definitely gain a lot of attraction. For more information on how to make an active Linkedin group check this article here by Stephanie. Opening a