1. Expion expands into APAC, launches comprehensive platform upgrade coordinating social content creation worldwide: Expion, the social relationship and content marketing platform for brands like Coca-Cola, Clear Channel, Heineken and Mondelez, has today announced the launch of its new global platform. Read more here.
2. CLEAR’s global digital platform aims for cohesive int’l branding: Unilever’s hair care brand CLEAR has partnered with SapientNitro, its global digital agency to begin delivering a new interactive presence. The new CLEAR website is built on Unilever’s global digital market platform and uses a central content management system to introduce a number of new features which include e-commerce, mobile-specific templates and social network opportunities for different markets. Read more here.
3. China is forcing app developers to reveal their true identity amid a porn crackdown: China has embarked on a “clean-up” of mobile internet services, and now app developers are the government’s next target. Read more here.
4. Social App Momo Announces Revenue-sharing Ratio with Game Developers: Momo just announced 150 million registered users milestone early July, with monthly active users stood at 52.43 million as of the end of this June. Started as a stranger social app, Momo is trying to shake off its “hookup” and flirty reputation to gain attraction to wider user base. Read more here.
5. A digital frame that displays custom fine art is killing it on Kickstarter: Digital photo frames are nothing new and, frankly, not that exciting. Sure, the relatively small and plasticky digital photo frames at your local big-box electronics store work for so-so resolution photos of the family vacation, but you’d hardly consider such a device for displaying actual artwork. Read more here.
6. WeChat-based CRM Solution Weimob Raises 30M Yuan of Series A Financing: Weimob, a WeChat-based CRM solution provider, announced 30 million (around US$4.8 million) of Series A financing from Meridian Capital China at a market valuation of 300 million yuan. The company has received millions yuan of angel investment last year. Read more here.
7. Financial Product Search Engine Rong360 Raises US$60M in Series C: Rong360, the Chinese search & recommendation engine for financial products, announced today US$60 million in Series C funding led by Pavilion Capital Pte and joined by existing investors, Sequoia China, Lightspeed Venture Partners and KPCB. Read more here.
8. Tencent Expands Its O2O Territory, Again, Investing In Laundry This Time: Over the past few years, a number of on-demand laundry services have sprouted up. Another such new service Edaixi (“E-washing”) has attracted investment from Tencent. Read more here.
9. KakaoTalk now has 20 million monthly active users on its social games: KakaoTalk, the startup messaging app with over 140 million registered users, beat the big boys like WeChat and Line to the punch with its social gaming platform, which launched two years ago. Today KakaoTalk revealed how that money-making gaming system is working out. Now KakaoTalk has 20 million monthly active users on its chat app-connected social games. Read more here.