Listing some of the selected stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 8th July – 13th July 2013.
Social Media News
1. T-Series Hits More Than 1 Billion Views And 2 Million Subscribers On YouTube: T-Series is India’s No.1 Music label on YouTube has more than 1 Billion views and has also more than 2 Million users subscribing to the brand channel. Read more here.
2. BJP Assigns Narendra Modi’s Close Aide Amit Shah To Mobilise Social Media For 2014 Elections: BJP has assigned Amit Shah, who is already in charge of the party’s election plans for Uttar Pradesh to mobilize social media for the election campaign. Read more here.
3. Blogger Soumyadipta Banerjee Deletes His Posts On Actor Salman Khan’s 2002 Hit And Run Case. Issues A Public Apology To Salman Too: Soumyadipta Banerjee’s blog posts were removed and a public apology was issued to Sal. man Khan. The deleted posts are related to the actor’s 2002 Hit-and-Run-case. Read more here.
4. VML Qais Creates A Vine Video For Revlon’s Latest Lipstick: VML Qais, a full-services digital agency, has created a Vine video to promote the newly launched Color Stay Ultimate Suede lipstick by Revlon. Read more here.
5. A Supposedly Fake Twitter Handle ‘Indian Mujahidin’ Warns Mumbai Is the Next Target After Bodh Gaya Blasts: Indian Mujahideen uses Twitter as their latest communication medium. Though it is being said that the account could be fake but it has tweeted that Mumbai is their Next Target after Bodh Gaya blasts. Read more here.
6. Twitter Partners With Komli Media To Beef Up Ad Revenues In India: Twitter has chosen digital media platform Komli Media to be its ad sales partner in India. Komli Media will start selling ‘promoted products’ or advertising on Twitter in India. Read more here.
7. Indian Government Can Now Monitor BlackBerry Messenger And Internet Service Email: After a lengthy battle, BlackBerry will finally lets the Indian government monitor its services - BlackBerry Messenger And Internet Service Email. Read more here.
8. India’s Centralized Monitoring System Faces Roadblock From The Intelligence Bureau: The surveillance program which was expected to install Centralised Monitoring System in 10 out of the country’s 22 service areas has some teething problems.The Intelligence Bureau Of India has denied it because of the loopholes in the system. Read more here.
9. Indians Willing To Shell Out Over A Lakh For The Perfect Facebook Profile Picture: Growing trend in young Indians is getting Facebook facelifts to get more likes and find suitable partner on the worlds biggest social network Facebook. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. 8 Cool Indian Twitter Campaigns Of Quarter 2 2013: A collection of 8 cool Indian Twitter Campaigns of quarter 2 2013. Read more here.
2. SPR Buildtech Builds A Fan Base Through ‘Yeh Mera Ghar’ On Facebook: A review of ‘Yeh mera ghar’ Facebook campaign by real estate firm SPR Buildtech where fans can win Lifestyle vouchers for uploading pictures of their home. Read more here.
3. Share Your Fond Memories With ‘Meri RoohAfza Story’. Get A Chance To Feature In TVC: A review of Hamdard RoohAfza’s month-long story contest called ‘Meri RoohAfza Story’, where fans can share their fond memories with the drink and stand a chance to feature in the TVCs. Read more here.
4. Zee Café Brings LOST, Asks Viewers To Visit #TheIsland And Win A Free Island Trip: A review of Zee Café digital campaign for the launch of LOST, where viewers can win an Island trip for two, by generating boarding passes at a microsite. Read more here.
1. Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot Is Buying Facebook ‘Likes’. So, What’s The Big Deal? Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot accused of buying Facebook ‘Likes’ from Istanbul. We tell you why it is not a big deal since most of them follow the practise. Read more here.
1. Twoly Madly Deeply Is Not A Dating Site But A Relationship Site Based On Social Discovery, Says Founder Chaitanya Ramalingegowda: Chaitanya Ramalingegowda Founder & CEO at TwolyMadlyDeeply talks about his verified singles site and how the startup is connecting users based on interests on the platform. Read more here.