Listing some of the selected best stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 5th August – 10th August 2013.
Social Media News
1. Facebook’s Bug Bounty Program In 2 Years Paid Over $1M To 329 People In 51 Countries. India Second Biggest Recipient: Facebook started Bug Bounty Program two years back and according latest announcement more than $1 million has been paid in rewards out to 329 people in 51 countries. Read more here.
2. ‘Poverty is just a state of mind’ Says Congress VP Rahul Gandhi. #YoRahulSoDumb, #Pappu Start Trending: Rahul Gandhi has come up with his own, bizarre definition of poverty. Repercussion #YoRahulSoDumb, #Pappu have made their presence on Twitter. Read more here.
3. YouTube Partners With Graphic India During Geek Week To Launch An Animated Web Series On The Epic Mahabharata Titled ’18 days’: YouTube has partnered with Graphic India and renowned Grant Morrison to launch an animated web series on the epic Mahabharata titled ’18 days’. Read more here.
4. SP Politician Ram Gopal Yadav Makes Weird Statement On IAS Officers. Trends On Twitter: About Samajwadi Party (SP) politician Ram Gopal Yadav who has been trending on Twitter from morning for his weird statement against IAS officers. Read more here.
5. 300M Active Users Globally On WhatsApp. Over 20M Active Users From India: WhatsApp has introduced Voice Messaging feature and has also revealed that the app has 300 million active users, 20 million active users from India. Read more here.
6. Discover Hong Kong Through Durjoy Datta’s ‘Hold My Hand’: The Hong Kong Tourism Board is promoting the city by way of a romantic novel “Hold My hand” by Durjoy Datta, which describes the city through a blind girl living in hong Kong for two years. Read more here.
7. Bihar’s Minister Bhim Singh Is Lashed On Twitter For His Insensitive Remarks On Martyrs: A callous remark from a cabinet minister, Bhim Singh on Indian soldiers who lost their lives due to firing from Pakistan on LOC, sees him trending on Twitter. Read more here.
8. The I&B Department Gets A New “Social Media Wing” To Counter Campaigns That Have Gone Viral: The Information and Broadcasting (I&B) has finally got a new “Social Media Wing” that will counter campaigns that have gone viral or being talked upon social media platforms. Read more here.
9. 21 Fools Launches ‘India Says Thank You’ For Soldiers On The Border: Greeting card company, 21 Fools will send ‘Thank You’ cards and rakhis to our soldiers posted at the borders, this independence day, as part of its ‘India says Thank you’ initiative. Read more here.
10. War Of Words: Shushma Swaraj And Omar Abdullah On Kishtwar Violence: On the eve of Eid, Kishtwar in Jammu witnessed clashes. Twitter saw a war of words on the same between Shushma Swaraj And Omar Abdullah. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. Red Label Celebrates 1 Lakh Fans. Fills A Tea Cup With Every New Like: Brooke Bond Red Label celebrated reaching one lakh fans by creating a dynamic Facebook cover photo, which changed with every new like, a tea cup got filled as a new fan joined. Read more here.
2. Bournvita Quiz Contest Celebrates 40 Years. Launches ‘India Plays BQC Live’ For Viewers To Play Along: Bournvita Quiz Contest celebrates 40 years this season with India plays BQC live mobile app, where viewers can also play along to become the BQC champion. Read more here.
3. Tata Motors Celebrates Awesomeness For The New Nano: A review of Tata Nano ‘Celebrate Awesomeness’ campaign on social media where the emphasis is on spreading the awesomeness of achievement, while equating it with a Nano. Read more here.
4. Volkswagen India Teams With Talenthouse India For #AceTheRace. Crowdsources Photographers Via Facebook: Review of Volkswagen India’s Facebook contest for photographers ‘Ace The Race’, where the winner gets to cover the Scirocco Cup live in Europe. Read more here.
5. Upload Home Photos On Facebook And Win Transformations Courtesy Godrej Interio: Godrej Interio announces its Upload And Transform Season 2 contest, where one can win a free makeover for their home, by participating with a picture and a creative reason to transform it. Read more here.
Social Media Apps
1. F9Pix, A Social Platform For Photographers To Showcase Work And Even Make Money By Selling Work: Review of F9pix.com which is a platform for photographers that allows to showcase your work, follow influential photographers and also sell your works. Read more here.
2. JustUnfollow App Has More To Offer Besides Tracking Twitter And Instagram Unfollowers And Followers: Review of JustUnfollow Android app which is a Twitter & Instagram friend management app. Read more here.
1. Anuradha Aggarwal Shares The Journey So Far For Vodafone India On Social Media: Interview with Anuradha Aggarwal, Senior Vice President at Vodafone India to understand the social media strategy and the road ahead for the brand. Read more here.
1. The 10 Most Engaging Friendship Day Facebook Posts: A list of 10 most engaging Friendship Day Facebook posts based on number of shares. Read more here.
2. Chips & Snack Brands Score On Facebook But Twitter And YouTube Disappoint [Unmetric Report]: Guest post from Ranjani Raghupathi from Unmetric, where she compares the performance of Indian Chips and Snack brands on social media. Read more here.