Listing some of the selected stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 3rd June – 8th June 2013.
Social Media News
1. Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Launches System To Alert Power Cuts In Advance By SMS And Facebook: Bangalore Electricity Supply Company has launched a new pilot initiative called Fault Management System, through which it aims to alert customers about power cuts in advance through SMS and Facebook. Read more here.
2. Congress Takes Off “With Congress” On Social Media. Will It Deliver? Congress party is getting proactive with their latest social media campaign – With Congress.We look at the campaign and the parties initiatives on social media. Read more here.
3. UPA Is Pushing States To Spread The Word About Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme On Facebook: UPA Government is pushing states to spread the word about Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme on Facebook. Read more here.
4. HUL Inspires With Do-Gooders, Goes Social To Promote Sustainability: Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), India’s largest FMCG company with a heritage of over 75 years in India chooses social media to drive its movement towards sustainable living. Read more here.
5. Komli Media Integrates Its ATOM Platform With Facebook Exchange: Komli Media has recently announced the company’s ATOM platform has been integrated with Facebook Exchange (FBX) and Real Time Bidding (RTB) platforms. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. Castrol Cricket “Clings” Fans To Social Media For The Epic Cricketing Encounter: Guest post by Nitin Amlani, in which he reviews the social media campaign ‘Cling on to Cricket Challenge’ by Castrol Cricket for the ICC Champions Trophy. Read more here.
2. Nat Geo Moment Awards Is Back, Ropes In Instagram Too: The photo contest ‘National Geographic Moment Awards’ has been launched with a microsite, a Facebook app and Instagram enabling convenience in participation. Read more here.
3. Tata Tea Jaago Re Empowers Women With #Tweet4Change: Tata Tea’s flagship campaign ‘Jaago Re’has launched a Twitter campaign #Tweet4Change that works towards empowering women. For every tweet, it will donate Rs.100 to an NGO. Read more here.
4. Tupperware India Features Hina Shah Director Of ICECD In The New “She Can, You Can” : Tupperware India has announced the new ‘She Can, You Can’ initiative featuring social entrepreneur Hina Shah Bhuptani, aligned with the brand philosophy of ‘Enlighten, Educate and Empower’ women. Read more here.
5. MoneyGram Selects An ‘Ultimate Cricket Fan’ To Report Live From The ICC Champions Trophy: Guest post by Nitin Amlani, in which he reviews MoneyGram’s Facebook hunt for the ‘Ultimate Cricket Fan’ who would win a chance to report live from the ICC Champions Trophy semifinals and finals. Read more here.
1. Milind Deora Addresses Freedom Of Speech, IT Act 66A And The Need For A Central Monitoring System In His Hangout: In a G+ Hangout yesterday, Minister of State, Communications & IT and Shipping, Milind Deora addressed issues regarding social media freedom, IT act 66A and CMS. Read more here.
Social Media Apps
1. Navigale Lets You Find Friends Near You: While there have been loads of SoLoMo applications around the Play Store, Navigale is an application developed by SocialAppsHQ (Part of Shimply Software) that tries to locate your friends. Read more here.