Listing some of the selected best stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 29th July – 3rd August 2013.
Social Media News
1. Vodafone India Offers Free Twitter Access For Ninety Days. Only For Android Devices And Inserts Ads Too: According to the latest tie up, Vodafone India, a member of the Vodafone Group will provide its Android users free Twitter access for a period of ninety days. Read more here.
2. Gozoop Acquires Social Media Agency Red Digital. Doubles India Revenue And Grows To 100 Plus Member Team: Gozoop, which recently expanded its global presence by setting up operations in Singapore, has announced the acquisition of Red Digital, India’s popular social media agency. Read more here.
3. Gujarat CM Narendra Modi Considers Social Media To Be The Most Powerful Channel Of Communication And Crowdsourcing Ideas: Speaking to Asian News International (ANI) in an exclusive interview, Narendra Modi revealed the importance of social media in creating awareness among voters in the country. Read more here.
4. With Congress: Indian National Congress Hunts For Social Media Volunteers Yet Again: With the latest initiative the “With Congress” campaign the Congress party is looking for volunteers to strengthen its base on social media. Read more here.
5. Shobhaa De’s Tweet On Mumbai And Maharashtra Gets Acidic Response From Politicians: Shobhaa De tweets that Mumbai could be separated from Maharashtra too and gets an acidic response from the Maharashtra politicians and even threaten on Twitter. Read more here.
6. Twitter Transparency Report H1 2013: Twitter Withheld Three Tweets From India: Twitter released its first half 2013 Transparency Report. According to the report Twitter withheld three tweets after receiving requests from government or police. Read more here.
7. LinkedIn Q2 2013: 238M Members And Revenues Surge By 59% To $363M: LinkedIn released its Q2 2013 figures. The professional network has more than 238M member and revenues had a growth of 59% to $363 million. Read more here.
8. IAS Officer Durga Shakti Nagpal Suspension Gains Strength From Social Media Too: IAS Officer Durga Shakti Nagpal was suspended by the SP government in UP on the grounds that are not true. The IAS officer is getting good support from social media by netizens. Read more here.
9. GJM Supremo Bimal Gurung Intensifies Gorkhaland State Demand. Invests On Social Media: After the creation of Telangana, Gorkha Janamukti Morcha has intensified the protests for its demand of a news state and is investing on social media too. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. Kingfisher To Turn Tweets Into Beer On International Beer Day: Kingfisher has launched a Twitter campaign - #DearBeerGod where it is asking tweeps to pray to the Beer God for their city to win Beer on International Beer Day. Read more here.
2. Philips India And MTV Run MPowerPack Challenge To Find The Coolest Gang In India: A review of MTV Philips MPowerPack Challenge where the coolest gang of friends in the country would be judged on the basis of tasks and user votes, with the prize being a free Ibiza trip. Read more here.
3. Amul Encourages Fans To Create Memes Of Facebook Friends: A review of Amul’s Meme you Facebook campaign, where fans can create memes of their friends and share it on the network, to help spread the message that we eat milk with every meal. Read more here.
4. IndusInd Bank’s ‘My Account, My Number’ Debuts On Facebook. Apply For Accounts With Your Lucky Number: A look at IndusInd Bank’s ‘My Account, My Number’ initiative on Facebook, where fans can find out their lucky number through an app, and also apply for a bank ac number with it. Read more here.
5. Cadbury Bournvita Prepares To Win On Social Media With ‘Tayari Jeet Ki’: A review of Cadbury Bournvita ‘Tayari jeet ki’ activities on social media, where the beverage brand is spreading the importance of inculcating good habits in life. Read more here.
Social Media Apps
1. DotMatch Integrates Social With Project Management. Looks Promising: Review of DotMatch that is trying to solve the enterprise needs of SMBs by going social. Read more here.
1. Indian National Congress Party’s On and Off Tryst With Social Media: A look at Indian Congress Party’s growing relationship with Social Media before the 2014 general elections in India. Read more here.
2. 7 Creative Storytelling Campaigns To Promote Shampoos On Social Media: A look at Indian hair care brands using social media storytelling to promote their products. Read more here.
1. The Journey Of Klip From A Wish Listing Site To A Social Discovery And Commerce Platform: Interview with Maneesh Madambath, co-founder of Klip about his social commerce startup, the growth and the challenges in the Indian market. Read more here.