Listing some of the selected stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 27th May to 1st June, 2013.
Social Media News
1. Daikin India’s ‘Cool A School’ Aims To Provide Cooling Solutions To Rural Schools. 1 Million Views = One School Cooled: Daikin India’s CSR campaign ‘Cool a School aims to adopt one school at a time in rural India and provide cooling solutions for it. For 1 million views on the awareness film, Daikin will provide sustainable cooling solutions for one school. Click to read more.
2. The Government Of India Wants To Keep A Track On Your Internet User Behaviour: The Department of Telecom (DoT) is planning to make it mandatory for telecom and Internet service providers to store data records of all subscribers. Click to read more.
3. Aircel India Introduces Instant Recharge On Facebook: Prepaid Aircel users can recharge their talk or data plans instantly within a Facebook app on the Aircel India Facebook page. Click to read more.
4. Delhi Municipal Corporation Opens A Call Centre As The Facebook Initiative Hasn’t Worked: Delhi Municipal Corporation has claimed that Facebook is not working for them since everyone is not having Internet. So the plan is to launch call centers instead. Click to read more.
5. SocialBlood, Social Network For Blood Donations Raises Undisclosed Funding From Rajan Anandan And Others: Socialblood,social network that connects blood donors and recipients has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Google India MD Rajan Anandan and others. Click to read more.
6. iStream, The Online Video Portal Shuts Down. Who Killed It - The Indian Audience Or The VC Community? iStream, the online video content site closed down recently. We take a look on what could be the reasons of the growing business closing down. Click to read more.
7. RedBus Runs #GottaGo On Twitter This Holiday Season: About online bus tickets booking site, RedBus’ social media activities to promote its services this holiday season. #Gottago contest on Twitter is giving away free one-way bus tickets to a destination of the winner’s choice. Click to read more.
8. Social Shopping Platform LimeRoad Hires Ex-Facebook Tech Lead Prashant Malik As CTO: After eyeing global expansion, Limeroad, social commerce platform has appointed Prashant Malik as its CTO . Click to read more.
Social Media Campaigns
1. Pepsi India Converts Witty Tweets Into Live Illustrations For IPL6: A look at Pepsi India’s #PepsiIPLLiveArt Twitter campaign, where witty tweets during key matches were made into illustrated posters in real time. Click to read more.
2. How Bisleri Created India’s First Real Time Countdown Facebook Cover Photo: About how Bisleri with Flying Cursor created India’s first real time countdown Facebook cover photo, on the occasion of reaching 1 lakh fans on Facebook. Click to read more.
3. Fox Traveller, Jabong And Close Up Promote Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani With Fans On Social: Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani Bollywood movie that is promoting itself on social media finds company from Fox Traveller, Jabong and Close Up who are also promoting on social media. Click to read more.
4. Hindustan Times No TV Day Gets More Social This Year. Scraps Mircosite, Bets On Facebook: A look at the Hindustan Times No TV Day social media activities as compared to last year and its efforts to bridge the online-offline gap. Click to read more.
Social Media Apps
1. Wizters - Your Anonymous College Network That Lacks The Punch: Review of Wizters which is an anonymous social network which claims to be aimed at college students. Click to read more.
2. ApnaCircle Launches Android App, Still Has Miles To Go: Mobile app review of ApnaCircle which is a professional network and is competing with the likes of LinkedIn. Click to read more.
3. Penguin Books India Launches Inked, A Platform To Target Creative Young Adults: In a bid to attract the young Indians aged between 13-21 years the publishing house has launched a creative platform – Inked. We review the creative blog. Click to read more.
1. Traverik Founder Ashutosh Pandey Wants To Bridge The Gap Between Travellers and Tour Operators: Interview with Ashutosh Pandey Founder of Traverik a social travel startup about the platform, the challenges and road ahead. Click to read more.
Social Media Casestudy
1. Vogue Eyewear India Creates World’s Largest Fan Generated Mosaic To Launch It’s New India Face: How Vogue Eyewear India created the world’s largest fan generated mosaic that would eventually build up to reveal the new celebrity ambassador, as fans added their Facebook/Twitter profiles. Click to read more.
Disclosure: Brandmovers India is an advertiser at Lighthouse Insights.