Listing some of the selected stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 24th June – 29th June 2013.
Social Media News
1. Use Of Social Media Can Help Prevent Crimes, Says S N Srivastava Of Delhi Police: Monitoring and use of social media can help prevent crimes and police will be “foolish” if they do not take advantage of it says S N Srivastava Of Delhi Police. Read more here.
2. Recommendations Made For A Digital Wing, Increase Of Social Media Activites And Policy For Prasar Bharati: Recommendations have been made that Prasar Bharati(Broadcasting Corporation Of India), India’s largest public broadcaster should get a third arm – Prasar Bharati Digital. Read more here.
3. Prism Is Being Misunderstood, Says US Secretary Of State John Kerry: Visiting US Secretary of State John Kerry justifies snooping and believes that there is an “enormous amount of misinformation and misunderstanding” about Prism. Read more here.
4. Taher Shah ‘Eye To Eye’ Video Does A ‘Rebecca Black’ In Pakistan. Draws Attention On Social Media: Taher Shah from Pakistan has grabbed the news for his work in all the wrong reasons. The video ‘Eye To Eye’ has already generated more than 200K views on Youtube. Read more here.
5. Narendra Modi Asks The BJP Maharashtra Cell To Get 48 Lakh Social Media Ids. But How Rational Is It? Narendra Modi has asked his BJP Maharashtra cell to get him social media addresses of 1 lakh people from each of the 48 Lok Sabha seats in the state. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. Tata Capital ‘Do Right’ Does It Right On Social Media: A look at Tata Capital’s ‘Do Right’ campaign and its efforts on Social Media to reach out to parents. Read more here.
2. #Krrish3firstlook Calls For Tweets To Unveil The Movie Poster. Good Idea But Poorly Executed: About #Krrish3firstlook Twitter hashtag campaign where the Krrish 3 movie poster will be unveiled after tweets made with the hashtag will break a virtual wall brick by brick. Read more here.
3. Comedy Central India Throws The Suits Challenge On Facebook With Hidden Clues In Other Social Networks: A look at the social media promotions for the second season of Comedy Central India’s legal comedy series ‘Suits S2’. A Facebook quiz has exclusive merchandise for the right answers. Read more here.
4. Internet Explorer 10 Launches Shovel On Facebook To Explore Your Social Life: Internet Explorer 10 has launched a Facebook app called ‘Shovel’ where you can explore your social life and see it in new light, in a bid to promote the browser to the youth. Read more here.
5. Lenovo India Throws The ThinkPad Challenge To Find The Real Doers: A look at Lenovo India’s ThinkPad challenge where after completing five challenges one can win Lenovo merchandise and a trip to the Lenovo Innovation Centre in Beijing for a week. Read more here.
6. Chennaites, Tweet With #TweetATee, Run To The Adidas Originals Store Today And Win A Tee: Adidas is asking people of Chennai to tweet #TweetATee, walk into the store and win a free tee in association with digital agency Liqvd Asia. Read more here.
Social Media Casestudies
1. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Social Media Campaign Case Study By VML Qais: Case study illustrating the social media efforts for the launch of Revlon’s ‘Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain’ in which digital agency VML Qais executed a series of activities on Facebook, Twitter and blogs. Read more here.
Social Media Apps
1. Intuce – A Creative Social Network Where You Can Buy Too: Review of creative social network Intuce.com that enables selling on the network too. Read more here.
2. TrendifyThis: A Tool To Reach Out (Or Spam) Your Facebook Friends: TrendifyThis ensures you reach out to your potential audience on Facebook, as Edgerank algorithm does not allow all friends to see your updates. Read more here.
3. Gungroo Launches A Facebook App ‘Let Teens Be’ For Parents To Monitor Their Kids: Gungroo, a safe, ‘fun + learn’ destination for kids has launched a Facebook app – Let Teens Be. The app will allow to track their kids activities on Facebook. Read more here.
1. Top 20 Indian Business Pages On Google Plus 2013: A list of the top 20 Indian business pages on Google Plus based on the number of circlers in 2013. The list has been formed with the help of CircleCount, a tool for Google Plus. Read more here
1. Year Old Facebook Commerce Startup Exprestore Is Signing Up 40 Customers Every Month, Says Founder Ashish Agarwal: Interview with Ashish Agarwal, Founder and CEO of Exprestore, a Facebook commerce startup. The interview shares the early life of Ashish, how the market is doing and the road ahead. Read more here.
2. 2500 Active Users Twice A Week On DecideQuick, Shares Co-Founder Shameer Thaha: Interview with Shameer Thaha Co-Founder and CEO of DecideQuick that makes decision making simpler and enriching by providing similar user experiences from social media. Read more here.