Listing some of the selected stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 1st July – 6th July 2013.
Social Media News
1. Uttarakhand Blame Game Of Congress And BJP Continue On Twitter: The Congress and BJP are trying to take political mileage from the Uttarakhand disaster. The recent blame game on Twitter by Shushma Swaraj and Manish Tewari. Read more here.
2. Now Bikers Can Also Dream Of A Social Road Trip With Ceat MTV ‘Chase The Monsoon’: Ceat MTV ‘Chase The Monsoon’ is a 21-day social road trip comprising of 4 teams exploring the Indian monsoons on a limited budget and earning points on their social interactions. Read more here.
3. The Curious Digital Marketer Book 2.0 Promoted Via Twitter #CuriousDigitalMarketer: About the Twitter promotions for The Curious Digital Marketer 2.0, where one had to tweet funny digital marketing quotes and 10 lucky ones could get T-shirts with their quotes printed on them. Read more here.
4. Mamata Banerjee Criticizes India’s Prism Centalized Monitoring System On Facebook: West Bengal’s Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee Criticizes India’s Prism Centalized Monitoring System on her latest Facebook post. Read more here.
5. Nokia Patrners With Messaging App Nimbuzz To Reach Its Indian Users: Nokia with the intention of making its base stronger in the Indian market has partnered with text chat and voice call messenger Nimbuzz to reach its users in India. Read more here.
6. Mumbai Police Is Going To Use Social Media Monitoring Tool From SocialAppsHQ For Its Social Media Lab: Mumbai Police is going to use the tool provide by SocialAppsHQ for its social media lab with the intention to have proactive policing and to have better intelligence gathering since information spreads faster on social media. Read more here.
7. BJP activist Sandeep Bhalla Booked under Section 66A For Morphing Pics of Sonia Gandhi On Facebook: A youth, claiming to be a BJP activist, was today booked under IT Act 66A in Jalandhar for allegedly posting an objectionable picture of Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Facebook. Read more here.
8. Kiran Rao’s ‘Ship Of Theseus’ Runs A Facebook Poll. Vote For The Movie To Be Released In Your City: Kiran Rao’s ‘Ship Of Theseus’ to be released on July 19, is running a Facebook poll, where audiences decide for the movie to be released in their city, along with five planned cities. Read more here.
9. Now India Defends Prism. Says, Helps In Detecting Serious Terrorist Attack: India’s foreign minister defended Prism, the controversial U.S. surveillance programs that gather information on telephone calls and monitor Internet activity. Read more here.
10. Narendra Modi Appoints Rajesh Jain and BG Mahesh To Drive His Social Media Campaign For 2014 Elections: The Gujarat CM Narendra Modi is giving it all for the 2014 General Elections and in doing so he has assigned Rajesh Jain and BG Mahesh to drive his social media campaign. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. Van Heusen Taps Into Your LinkedIn Connections To Search For The Most Fashionable Professionals: Review of Van Heusen’s LinkedIn contest called ‘The Most Fashionable Professionals’ where LinkedIn members can nominate 10 of their fashionable connections for a makeover. Read more here.
2. The Magic Of Bollywood Movie Lootera Is Recreated On Social Media: Digital agency The Glitch creates the magic of Bollywood movie Lootera on social media. Read more here.
3. L’Oreal Paris India Launches The Stay Rooted Campaign For Its New Hairfall Shampoo: Review of L’Oreal Paris India’s ‘Stay Rooted Campaign’ to launch the brand’s hairfall repair shampoo on social media. Read more here.
4. 10 Best Indian Facebook Campaigns Of Quarter 2 2013: A collection of 10 of the best Facebook campaigns of quarter 2 2013. Read more here.
5. Cycle Pure Agarbathies Launches ‘Predict And Win’ For Tri-Series 2013: About Cycle Pure Agarbathies Facebook activities as a cosponsor for the Tri-Nation series 2013 between India, Sri Lanka and West Indies. Read more here.
Social Media Casestudies
1. Sony PIX The Amazing Spiderman Social Media Case Study By Tonic Media: Social media case study illustrating the promotions for the television premier of The Amazing Spiderman on Sony PIX. case study submitted by Tonic Media. Read more here.
Social Media App
1. DNA’s New Augmented Reality App ‘DNA It’ Fails To Deliver: Review of ‘DNA it’, an augmented reality based app from the newspaper DNA which promises you digital content on scanning of content in the print. Read more here.
1. How Brands Are Building Social Media Platforms Targeting Parents: A look at how brands are building social media platforms for parents and children, grooming them well in advance, while also cleverly strengthening their brand proposition. Read more here.
2. How Bingo’s Tangles Promotion With A Half Page TOI Ad About Its Facebook App Missed The Point? Bingo Promotes its new snack Tangles on Facebook as well as on print. We look at why its half page TOI ad that leads to the Facebook app misses the business objective. Read more here.
3. How Oreo India’s Daily Dunks Are Being Lapped Up On Social Media: A look at Oreo India’s Daily Dunks content strategy on Social Media, where daily events are recreated into an Oreo visual for connecting with fans. Read more here.