Listing some of the selected stories of Indian social media from social media news to campaigns and interviews from the week – 15th July – 20th July 2013.
Social Media News
1. Digvijaya Singh, General Secretary of AICC Blogs About Social Media Abuse From RSS: Digvijaya Singh, General Secretary of All India Congress Committee in his latest blog talks about how he is being bullied on social media constantly by RSS and Narendra Modi supporters. Read more here.
2. Courts Order Facebook To Add Age Disclaimer On Home Page. No Entry For Children Under 13: Based on a PIL hearing on why children under 18 are accessing Facebook, the social network has been directed to add a disclaimer on its home page prohibiting children under 13 to enter it. Read more here.
3. Narendramodiplans.com Taken Down After ‘60,000 Views In 20 hours.’ Seems Suspicious? Satire site Narendramodiplans.com taken down after ‘60,000 Views In 20 hours.’ We think the entire drama is suspicious. Read more here.
4. Congress To Hire 50 Social Media Activists For 2014 General Elections. Isn’t It Late? Congress is looking to hire 50 social media activists in its office in Delhi, to help in campaign for upcoming Loksabha election or General elections in 2014. Read more here.
5. TaxiForSure Provides Taxi Bookings Via Twitter With #TweetATaxi. Lacks Social Media Buzz: Online cab booking site, TaxiForSure now provides a booking facility on Twitter where Taxi seekers can book taxis using the hashtag #Tweetataxi. Read more here.
6. A Facebook Post Resolved A Four Year Old Issue Of Nine Economically Poor Families From Madurai: Arunkumar, a student from Madurai posted his families plights on the Facebook page of the Madurai district collector Anshul Mishra and to his surprise the matter which has been put on hold for last four years. Read more here.
Social Media Campaigns
1. How Biopic On Milkha Singh ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Created Buzz On Social Media: Social media campaign review of Bollywood movie ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ based On the Indian athlete Milkha Singh. Read more here.
2. Tourism Victoria Brings Melbourne Moments On Facebook: A review of Melbourne Moments Facebook contest by Tourism Victoria, where users need to vote for their favourite Melbourne photographs by Atul Kasbekar and win a real one. Read more here.
3. 26 Cool Indian Social Media Campaigns Of Quarter 2 2013: A list of 26 of the coolest Indian Social Media Campaigns in the second quarter of 2013. Read more here.
4. Aircel India Launches ‘Gone In 55 Seconds’ To Reach 5,555,555 Fan Count: A review of Aircel India’s Facebook campaign ‘Gone In 55 Seconds’, where fans can play a fun game, invite their friends, score high and win HTC One phones every 48 hours. Read more here.
5. ITC Grand Chola Calls For Photographers For A Glimpse Of Paradise: A review of ‘Glimpse of Paradise’ by ITC Grand Chola, where participants need to upload their best photographs and win an all expenses paid trip to the luxury hotel to capture its beauty through their lens. Read more here.
Social Media Apps
1. QStacks Tries To Be Another Question Answer Community: QStacks is a Q&A based community started by Musthafa Ullal and his team, where users can ask anything related to Web and Technologies along with Social Media. Read more here.
2. Feedspot, Another Replacement Of Google Reader. But This Is Your Social RSS Reader: Review of Feedspot RSS reader which has interesting social features in the app. Read more here.
1. About Social Media Endorsements By Indian Celebrities And What’s Wrong With It: We look at social media endorsements by Indian celebrities and what is wrong in this process on social media. Read more here.
2. Will The New Measures Directed By Govindacharya’s PIL Protect Indian Minors On Facebook? A discussion on the proposed measures by the PIL against Indian minors accessing Facebook, without a law to protect their online safety. Read more here.