1. Huffington Post India appoints Quartz India Editor Sruthijith KK as Editor: Huffington Post India has appointed Sruthijith KK as its Editor, MediaNama has learned from multiple, reliable sources. On being contacted, Sruthijith declined to comment. Read more here.
2. Ad Club to host Facebook’s Mark D’Arcy: The Advertising Club will be hosting Mark D’Arcy, London-based chief creative officer, Facebook Creative Shop, on Tuesday, October 28, at an event in Mumbai. Read more here.
3. Wills Lifestyle and Madison Media create selfie booth: Marrying social and on-ground engagement, Wills Lifestyle and Madison Media devised the concept of ‘Wills Rock the Ramp’, a 360-degree Vine booth – a twist to the traditional twirl people do to show off what they are wearing. Read more here.
4. PepsiCo evocatively brings back the joy of #GharWaliDiwali: Created by JWT, the film brings aims to bring families closer with a reminder of the joy of a Diwali at home. Read more here.
5. Hungama.com reiterates the essence of music in new TVC: Conceptualised by Scarecrow Communications, the new brand campaign stresses on the importance of music in people’s lives, and features the voice-over of actor Hrithik Roshan. Read more here.
6. WhatsApp users can now report traffic violations in Delhi: Delhi Traffic Police has launched a new WhatsApp helpline using which residents of Delhi can send in audio visual complaints of any traffic rule violation, unauthorised parking, faulty traffic signals and similar problems from anywhere in the city. Read more here.
7. Line reaches 30m users in India, to partner game developers: Messaging app Line said it has touched the 30 million userbase milestone in India and is on track to reach the 50 million-mark by the year end. Read more here.
8. Indian Internet of Things market to be worth $15 billion by 2020: DeitY: The Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) on Friday laid out a draft policy on Internet-of things in India, envisioning the IoT industry to be worth $15 billion by 2020. Read more here.