In order to create buzz about MSD7 Android mobile, MAXX launched a Facebook campaign during the Valentine week. The campaign met it’s desired objective with some great numbers. The case study has been submitted by the digital agency KWebmaker which carried out the campaign for the brand.
MAXX Mobile, a manufacturer of mobile phones and accessories has recently launched the MSD7 Android mobile and needed to create awareness about it. In addition, the newly created Maxx Mobile Facebook page stood at a medium 3K odd likes. MAXX wanted to not only reach out through social media and engage its community, it also decided to leverage the new product launch to help grow its community on Facebook.
What they did?
MAXX Mobile, in association with KWebmaker, a digital agency, conceived a contest around MSD7 Android on its Facebook page. Since Valentine’s Day was the flavour of the month in February, the contest was launched as a Valentine’s Day one. A Facebook application was created that would allow users to download 7 different types of cover photo images designed by MAXX. The app was not exclusive for fans as in it did not require a user to ‘like’ the page to be able to access the app.
The cover photos were themed around Valentine’s Day and fans were asked to upload these cover photos on their personal Facebook pages. In addition, they also needed to tag and share the cover photo with maximum friends. Two lucky fans would win the phone autographed by MS Dhoni.
The cover photo was branded with a subtle but strategically placed MSD7 Android phone and the brand logo. An autographed phone by one of the favourite cricketers and captain of the Indian team, MS Dhoni was up for grabs, and the simple contest attracted many to participate and spread the love through their cover photos.
As a result of which, the campaign saw some impressive results on the Facebook page:
- 6000+ likes in 8 days on the MAXX Facebook page (with media spends to attract users on the contest page).
- With little more than 9,000 fans, MAXX got 8656 people (approx. 80%) engaging with them during those 8 days.
- 1143 users downloaded the cover photo.
- 107 users actually uploaded the cover photo, tagged and shared the same with their friends.
- According to Facebook Stats, the viral reach during that period was 74,042 people.
The brand not only achieved all the goals that it had set out for, it surpassed all expectations. Here are the key learnings from the campaign:
- A good prize as a give-away, minimum ad spends, daily content and a creative idea can do wonders for your brand on Facebook.
- Ensure that each and every comment is responded to and also liked by the page. The response management also helped in building a strong connect with the fans.
Hopefully, with this increase in fan base and greater reach, MAXX mobile can continue the good work of engaging fans and keeping them glued to it’s page for longer duration.