Facebook is what you want to make out of it. As a social media blogger I get really happy when I see lesser known companies in the social media arena trying new ways of using Facebook and building their own community. Aditi Technologies is a Bangalore based company that helps product companies, web businesses, etc. to leverage the power of cloud, collaboration and mobile to stay ahead in their respective businesses. Along with this Aditi Technologies has started a Facebook fan page that talks about it’s careers and work culture. In other words, the engagement model is to make people aware of Aditi’s work culture and hire some of the best talent who might be present on Facebook. You can read more about Facebook recruiting in our recent article – Is recruiting possible via Facebook?.
The Facebook fan page which has a fan count of more than 5000 fans has managed to get 3500 plus people to talk about it. Very interesting numbers and with a landing page the Facebook fan page has three tabs -1) Culture 2) Lead and 3) Careers.
The landing page or the Welcome page of Aditi Technologies is cool and bright. It very well says what will you achieve by liking the page. The page does have hyperlinks to give more information to the user which should be the way. However, two of the links take you away from the Facebook page and one keeps you in the page itself. It would be great if the fan is engaged with on the Facebook page itself and be provided with more experience as has been done for one of the links. The reason being that when there are multiple tabs, the fan will get confused so let the Welcome page be the page for information as well as the navigation unit for other tabs.
1) Culture – The tab focuses on the work culture and has great visual appeal. It is worth a read! The story has been told in a very interesting manner with an equally interesting visual presentation to go with it, using the ‘issue’-reading app.
2) Lead – The tab focuses on one essential activity that Aditi is running. Lead is an open talk event organized by Aditi for free to make minds more active. It is a very small thing but it’s good that it has been highlighted because this way people will come to know some small amazing work that is happening. The tab also displays about the details of the talk that have happened and the presentation that was used. Very cool idea but how about adding a small calendar of events too so that I am aware what are the next events and if possible who is coming. Introducing the speaker with his Facebook bio will add more social brownies to the app too. May be going ahead, live streaming could be a very cool possibility too but then I know I am stretching myself too far.
3) Careers – The last tab in the page focus on the essence of the community of Aditi Technologies to be on Facebook. The Careers tab is cool and allows you to search jobs based on countries and specific function. Even though Aditi has a global presence but for now it is showing jobs only of India and the search based on function is cool too. Individual jobs have the relevant details that a fan would love to know and the tab also gives a place from where you can directly upload your resume. This is really a great feature as it makes the life of the fan easy and Aditi has done a great job by keeping the experience on Facebook itself. Apart from this, at no point are your activities posted on your wall. So rest assured the app takes care of all the securities and Facebook guidelines. However, it would be great if I can share the job with the community. Right now there is a share button but you can only email the job details rather than sharing it on Facebook, that needs to be addressed.
Considering it to be the early days for Aditi, I am sure that it is going to grow it’s community by cool ways. The initial move of using Facebook as spreading the word about it’s work culture and hunting for talent on Facebook is really smart one. The app that has been developed by AliveNow has some cool features for the HR manager that is more of backend functionality.
1. The HR manager can update jobs and perform other functions such as add or delete jobs securely on a real time basis.
2. All the applications from the app will come to an email with relevant details for the HR manager.
3. Finally the HR manager owns the app and doesn’t need to contact the agency for any kind of changes in the updating, removal, etc of jobs.
Thanks Adhvith for sharing the behind the scenes info. I believe that Aditi has set a big example for Indian SME’s and Startups to think in this direction and I am sure that very soon we will see some more companies doing the same.How about you?