1. Rohit Ohri to Join FCB Ulka as Group Chairman and CEO: Carter Murray, worldwide CEO of FCB, announced today that Rohit Ohri is joining FCB Ulka as group chairman and CEO, effective January 2016. Ohri is the successor to current CEO and group chairman Nagesh Alai who, after 25 years with FCB, is moving into a global role.
2. Queo – when the drama shifts to the bathroom: International luxury sanitaryware brand Queo, marketed in India by HSIL, has rolled out a new TV commercial featuring brand ambassador Jacqueline Fernandez. Conceptualised by Contract Delhi, the TVC creates a visual spectacle of glamour and indulgence.
3. Frenchie brings out the youth appeal: Frenchie, the inner wear brand from Maxwell Industries, is all set to woo the youth with its new TVC, which also seeks to promote its association with the ongoing Pro Kabaddi league. Frenchie is the associate sponsor of Pro Kabaddi League 2015.
4. Anuradha Aggarwal to take over from Sameer Satpathy as Marico CMO: FMCG company Marico, the maker of Saffola and Parachute, among others, has announced Sameer Satpathy’s exit from the position of chief marketing officer. He will be succeeded by Anuradha Aggarwal, who moves into the role on 24 August 2021. Satpathy will exit the organisation on 15 September.
5. Salt Digital awarded mandate for Bertolli: Salt Digital, part of Salt Brand Solutions, has won the mandate for Bertolli. Bertolli, which has grown into an international brand of Italian and Mediterranean food, originated and is a global market leader in olive oil. The business is owned by the Deoleo Group, Spain’s second-largest food group.
6. Online video revenues could hit the Rs.10,000 crore mark by 2023: From TV broadcasters to MSOs and DTH companies are all launching their own VOD platforms. Although many are investing heavily in OTT platforms, online video which is a fast growing opportunity will account for less than 10% of the video revenue by 2023 says a recent Media Partners Asia (MPA) report.
7. Tonic Media appoints Vijeeth Shetty as head, new initiatives: Tonic Media has appointed Vijeeth Shetty as head of new initiatives. He will lead new initiatives that include InvenTonic, a dedicated practice that partners startups and venture capital funds to accelerate growth.
8. Raj Nayak to lead the Indian delegation at AdAsia 2015: Raj Nayak, CEO, Colors, will lead the Indian delegation that will be headed to AdAsia 2015 in Taipei. This was announced by Pradeep Guha, Chairman, The Asian Federation of Advertising Associations (AFAA) today. AFAA Vice-Chairman Raymond So and leaders of the advertising and media fraternity were present when this announcement was made.
9. Hungama launches HungamaPlay; to stream movies in regional languages: Digital entertainment company Hungama has launched HungamaPlay, an application for streaming SD and HD movies on iOS and Android. The company claims that the app will feature over 6,500 movies from Bollywood, Hollywood and in regional Indian languages like Telugu, Tamil, Marathi, Oriya, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Kannada, Bengali and Punjabi (overall 12 languages).
10. Eveready turns energetic, youthful & enigmatic for its LED range: Eveready, which has been traditionally associated with batteries and flashlights, forayed into the LED bulb segment early this year and this product line presents the new face of the company. To spread awareness about its LED bulbs, Eveready has unveiled its new TVC with brand ambassador Akshay Kumar.
11. ‘Imagination ko jodo’, says Kinder Joy: With an aim to position Kinder Joy as a treasure box of imagination, the brand has rolled out a new campaign with Curry Nation. Kinder Joy has been popular with kids for the toys that can be assembled that come with the chocolate egg. The brand believes that these toys help develop the cognitive and logic abilities of the kids.
12. Facebook Is Now Letting Any Carrier Sign Up For Internet.org: Facebook has launched a new portal that allows carriers to sign up for Internet.org and includes all the technical tools and best practices to get them started.
13. Government Blocks Webpages, Social Media Posts Inciting Religious Intolerance: In the wake of terror groups using Internet to incite religious intolerance, the government has ordered blocking of at least 40 webpages with inflammatory content relating to a minority community, including posts on social media and popular video-sharing platforms.