The week gave us an opportunity to bring interesting news and exciting stories from Indian social media but most of us don’t have the time to consume the insightful articles or the big social media campaign reviews and app reviews. I hope the weekend will give you some time to go through a few of our interesting big stories, which we have curated below (Click for the must reads of the last week).
1. About Mindless Social Media Contests And Who Is To Be Blamed - Brands, Agencies Or Contest Players? Social media contests being run by brands and their agencies, have given rise to a new set of problems - fake contests, fake winners, fans ripping brands online reputation etc. Read more here.
2. 31 Interesting Indian Social Media Campaigns Of Quarter 3 2013: A list of 31 of the best Indian Social Media campaigns of quarter 3 2013. Read more here.
3. Star Movies Launches ‘Life Of I’ For The TV Premiere Of ‘Life Of Pi’: Star Movies has launched an interactive digital game for the promotions of ‘Life of Pi’ TV premiere, the game ‘Life of I’ is a personalized journey that recreates the movie experience. Read more here.
4. AXN India Pulls Off A Brand Takeover By Fans On Social Media For ‘Supernatural Season 9’: Review of AXN India’s Brand Takeover campaign for the social media promotions of Supernatural Season 9, where fans could create the plotline and win a chance to tweet with the AXN Twitter handle. Read more here.
5. ‘News In Shorts’ Provides You Summarized News On Your Mobile: Review of android mobile app ‘News In Shorts’ that provides you summarised news within 60 words on your mobile. Read more here.
6. Social Media Marketing Has Matured And Marketers Are Very Careful, Says Advit Sahdev, Founder At ODigMa: Interview with Advit Sahdev, CEO and Founder of digital agency, ODigMa, where he shares the agency’s story of early days, challenges and future plans. Read more here.