1. Maruti Suzuki Seeks the Premium Tag with Nexa: Maruti Suzuki has created a lot sensation in the automobile market since the time it launched its automotive retail brand Nexa. It is a first-of-its-kind modern retail channel with a network of new age automotive showrooms across India that aims to meet the rising aspirations of emerging Indians. These showrooms host the premium cars from Maruti Suzuki, which at present include S Cross and Baleno.
2. LinkedIn India’s Nishant Rao is Headed to Freshdesk as COO: LinkedIn’s India head Nishant Rao is quitting the professional social networking giant to join cloud-based customer support software firm Freshdesk as its Chief Operating Officer.
3. Fork Media acquires equity in Wi-Fi ad network Spid: Ad tech company Fork Media has recently invested in Wi-Fi ad network Spid Info Media. The partnership is in line with Fork’s vision of becoming the leading player in the alternate ad inventory space and is synergistic with its vision of broadening its core offerings. Fork Media will leverage Spid’s technology for advertisers and publishers by offering them one of the largest audience platforms, targeting on-the-go consumers.
4. CenturyPly Heroes: Celebrating the unsung heroes: Through its ‘CenturyPly Heroes’ campaign, the brand aims to pay tribute to the carpenters behind the scenes at Bengal’s Durga Puja and at the same time evolve from being a commodity to a consumer brand.
5. Videocon bats for #HindustanKiJeet this Dussehra: In a special festive campaign for Dussehra, Videocon brings together different facets of life to celebrate the victory of good over evil. The underlying thought behind the video is that the evil within us divides us as a society and a country at large, and hence it must be defeated to assure #HindustanKiJeet this festive season.
6. Sony LIV to launch two new online shows: Buoyed by the response to its recently launched original content online show, Multi Screen Media (MSM’s) digital video entertainment brand Sony LIV is all set to roll out its two new exclusive digital web series.
7. eBay rolls out digital ad to educate consumers on refurbished products: eBay India, which had launched its ‘ebay Choices’ campaign in August to bring refurbished supply on its platform www.ebay.in; today launched a digital advertisement to educate consumers on the ‘refurbished’ category.
8. SVG Media’s DGM enters digital TV advertising: Digital advertising network DGM India has entered the digital television ad business, as it looks to tap into an opportunity created by the growing popularity of online streaming.
9. Viacom18 to launch OTT platform early next year: Viacom18 Media Pvt Ltd plans to launch an online video streaming platform early next year, as the broadcaster plays catch-up in the over-the-top (OTT) content business.