1. Volkswagen India launches Android and iOS app: The app will provide direct access to information on network and latest sales and after-sales offers. Read more here.
2. Facebook hires HP marketer for new emerging market role: Sriramagopalan Desikan has left his position as Hewlett-Packard’s (HP) printing and PC marketing director for Asia-Pacific and Japan to take on a new role at Facebook as global business manager of emerging markets. Read more here.
3. Myntra shuts down MyPrivilege loyalty program; Plans revamp: Flipkart-owned online fashion retailer Myntra has shut down its MyPrivilege Loyalty program. The company is, apparently, overhauling its Loyalty program and hence has disabled the service at present. At the time of filing this story, we haven’t yet received a response from Myntra on the future of its loyalty program. Read more here.
4. Lowe Lintas wins FreeCharge biz, rolls out youth-centric campaign: Lowe Lintas has been appointed as the creative agency for FreeCharge, India’s leading online platform for recharge, utility payments, promotions and couponing. As part of the alliance, the agency has been tasked with the mandate of making FreeCharge a go-to and top-of-mind brand in India. Read more here.
5. Airtel launches music app Wynk; competes with Gaana.com & Saavn.com: India’s largest telecom company, Bharti Airtel, has launched the music application Wynk. For the first time in two decades the company has moved out of its own network to offer a service which will be made available on other telecom operators’ network. Read more here.
6. Indian Menswear Fashion Brand Grasim increases its Digital Presence: Aditya Birla Group’s fashion brand, Grasim, which stands for easy dressing for the self made man, launched their new website on September 1st 2014. Read more here.
7. Mobile Collaboration Platform Tydy Secures Angel Funding: Tydy, a mobile collaboration platform for Sales & Marketing teams has raised $138,000 in angel funding round led by Hareesh Ramanna (MD of BORQS Software and ex- Senior Director at Motorola.). Read more here.
8. Mobile entertainment firm Vuclip adds 150K videos to its platform in Q2: California-based mobile video provider Vuclip claims to have added over 150,000 premium videos globally in the second quarter of 2014. Read more here.
9. Social media helps raise funds for Mumbai Film Festival: The social media campaign helped the organisers raise Rs 1.5 crore in just two days. They are now expecting Rs. 5 crore by October. Read more here.