1. DDB Mudra West creates awareness about Daan Utsav with a pro bono campaign: Launched in 2009, Daan Utsav (or The Joy of Giving Week as it was originally called) is India’s annual ‘festival of giving’. Celebrated every year in the week including Gandhi Jayanti (October 2-8 this year. This year, DDB Mudra Group did its share towards Daan Utsav by ‘giving’ it’s time and talent pro bono and helping in increasing awareness about it. The agency created two inspiring stories for free in order to drive home the point that Daan Utsav is about the act of giving, irrespective of the amount or nature of the ‘giving’.
2. ZenithOptimedia to launch analytics & technology hub for APAC: ZenithOptimedia plans to create its first regional Analytics and Technology Hub for Asia, in Singapore. This Center of Excellence (CoE) is a major investment by ZenithOptimedia to develop solutions for the emerging technologies and data.
3. Digital marketer Mobikon raises fresh VC funding: Digital marketing startup Mobikon Asia Pte Ltd has raised an undisclosed amount in fresh funding from Singapore-based venture capital firms Life. Sreda and Qualgro Pte Ltd. Mobikon said it will use the money to create new technological infrastructure and provide restaurants with better products and faster upgrades. It will also spend part of the capital to set up an office in Jakarta and hire staff for its UAE unit, in line with its global expansion plan.
4. The Small Big Idea wins social media mandate for ethnic fashion brand Ethnicity: Digital agency The Small Big Idea (TSBI) has bagged the digital mandate for Ethnicity, a niche brand offering ethnic apparel along with jewellery, artefacts, and home & accessories. The win comes on the back of a multi-agency pitch. The Small Big Idea will be responsible for creating brand awareness across social platforms.
5. Now, Hike messenger can partially work without data: The developer of hike messenger, the instant messaging mobile and calling application, is gearing up for another round of funding raising in six-12 months and is confident of crossing the 100 million user mark by the second half of 2016.
6. Old soch meets new approach in new HP ad: HP has rolled out a new TVC as part of its ongoing global campaign ‘Bend the Rules’. Created by BBDO India, the ad is called ‘I like your soch, but love my approach’ and aims to represent the millennial attitude regarding work and life.
7. MindShift Interactive beefs up digital offering with new services as agency turns four: MindShift Metrics, the research arm of digital outreach agency MindShift Interactive, is gearing up to launch new services to mark the completion of four years of the digital outreach agency. These new services are aimed at helping brands delve further into consumer and business insights through digital under the name of Digital Communication services.
8. AIB launches advertising wing ‘Vigyapanti’: Comedy Group All India Bakchod (AIB) has rolled out its advertising wing, Vigyapanti. Tanmay Bhat will be ‘Self Important Creative Officer’. The rest of the AIB team will work with the agency in ‘some capacity’, informed Bhat.