1. With a billion views on YouTube, Motor Trend is now building a video paywall: Motor Trend has hit a billion views on YouTube by giving away its content for free. Now it’s changing gears to get some of its viewers to pay.
2. NHS Better Left Unsaid: NHS in the UK is running “Better Left Unsaid”, a series of commercials connecting with Valentine’s Day, encouraging people to tell their loved ones about their decision to become an organ donor. The three commercials present humorous clangers that just should never be said during a date. Shot in a restaurant setting, the films are a montage of witty, surreal, awkward and laugh out loud funny interactions between couples. Each film ends with the endline: “Share your organ donation decision with a loved one this Valentine’s.”
3. OK Go Upside Down & Inside Out: OK Go has released “Upside Down & Inside Out”, a music video filmed in zero gravity on an S7 Airlines plane in Russia. OK Go partnered with Russian airline S7 Airlines, connecting with the airline’s mission of empowering people to chase their dreams. The motto for this project was a lyric from the song: “Gravity’s just a habit.”
4. Kia Walken Closet adds Pizzazz: Kia’s 2016 Super Bowl campaign, “Walken Closet”, promotes the 2016 Kia Optima through a focus on adding pizzazz, led by actor Christopher Walken. A young man heads to the Walken closet (walk-in closet) in search of his beige socks.
5. Why Budweiser teamed up with live music app Dice to reach UK college kids: As part of theBudweiser Live Project, the Anheuser Busch brand showcased live acts around nine different cities in October, including the Wombats in Glasgow and Twin Atlantic in Cardiff. To handle the marketing and get tickets out, it used ticketing and gig app, Dice.
6. Pandora’s Ad Campaign Wants People to Flip Out Over Their Favorite Music: Back in December, the music-streaming app launched a new feature called Thumbprint Radio, which compiles all of the songs a user likes (or “thumbs”) over the years into a station. Today, to promote the radio station, Pandora launches an advertising campaign with the help of 33 social media influencers that taps into the nostalgia people feel when they hear an old tune.
7. McDonalds What We Love: McDonald’s Germany has released its first ever Valentine’s Day spot to celebrate the memories of those we once loved in life whom we never forget. The McDonalds What We Love spot follows the story of a young boy and girl who meet over summer vacation at the beach.
8. MasterFoods Make Dinner Time Matter: MasterFoods Australia is running a new brand campaign for MasterFoods encouraging all Aussies to #MakeDinnertimeMatter. With the demands of modern life and workloads continuing to increase, the campaign acts as a timely reminder that dinner is more than just a meal, it’s a chance to connect with the people who matter most in all our lives.
9. Jeep Mud Mask: Jeep Germany has released The Jeep® Mud Mask, celebrating the special bond between Jeep drivers and their cars, and marking the brand’s 75th anniversary. The first mud mask for SUVs promises to be adventure in a can, the emergency aid for all adventure-deprived City-Jeeps.