1. Apple History of Sound: Apple Music commercial “Apple History of Sound” has been recognised at the 2016 AICP Show with awards for visual style, production design and cinematography. Launched in June 2015, the commercial takes us on a journey from 1888 with the commercialisation of the phonograph, through to radios, juke boxes, car radio, 8 track reel to reel tape, transistor radios, tape cassettes, compact discs, the iPod, digital downloading, and, of course, the introduction of Apple Music in 2015.
2. Emily’s Oz by Comcast: Emily’s Oz, the promotional experience for Comcast’s voice guidance feature, has won Gold at the Art Directors Club global awards. As part of Comcast’s commitment to accessible products and services, the company developed the industry’s first talking guide, a voice-guidance feature that gives customers with visual disabilities the freedom to independently explore thousands of TV shows and movies.
3. Wayfair Brings Back the Earworm of All Jingles With New Music Video: Called “Wayfair Musical: the Remix,” the single-take commercial features 22 of the Boston-based retailer’s 4,604 employees dancing and promoting the brand to the tune of “Wayfair, you’re just what I need”—one of marketing’s stronger earworms. Wayfair last used the jingle in its entirety in early 2015; the song first began airing a year earlier.
4. Honda Paper Wins: Honda’s stop-motion commercial Honda Paper has won recognition for animation at the AICP Show awards. Shot by director PES, the Honda Paper spot weaves together roughly 3,000 hand-drawn illustrations using stop-motion filming that takes viewers through a paper-flipping, historical journey of Honda products.
5. I wish I had a Samsonite: Samsonite, the travel luggage company, has worked with their advertising agency Publicis Conseil to create Samswrap, a message with the potential to travel across the world. As one of the world’s leading, iconic travel brands, Samsonite make some of the strongest, lightest and most secure luggage in order to accompany voyagers on their travels.
6. One British agency’s plea to young voters: #DontFuckMyFuture: Today, the agency has launched its own social media campaign, #DontFuckMyFuture, to cut through the mudslinging and mobilize younger voters on June 23, when Britain votes on whether to remain in the EU. The under-25 demographic has seen a low turnout at past polls.
7. Converse Made by You: Converse Made by You, a film celebrating Chuck Taylor wearers, has been recognised for excellence in editing at the AICP Show. The film, released in March 2015, is part of is an integrated advertising campaign clebrating fans of the brand who have been expressing themselves and their creativity in Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers for nearly 100 years.