1. India Passes 60 Million Social Media Users, Still Has a Long Way to Go: India’s young web users – 75 percent of its netizens are below the age of 35 – which means that the social media boom is only just starting. That’s great news for Facebook, which saw 14.8 million new users in India in the past six months. Read more here.
2. IAMAI to host first ‘AppFest’ in India: AppFest 2012 will be held from December 13-15, 2012 at the HICC, Hyderabad. Organised by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). Read more here.
3. YouTube, Govt of India partner to promote Brand India: The Public Diplomacy Division of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), India and YouTube announced the launch of a short film contest ‘India is…A Visual Journey’. The contest aims at inspiring film makers, students and video enthusiasts. Read more here.
4. Big CBS enhances audience engagement through digital campaign: Big CBS Network has successfully amplified audience engagement by utilising digital and social platforms. With the execution of the ‘Xport to LA’ campaign on Facebook via a game application for The X Factor, the network has reached out to over 4.1 million audiences online. Read more here.
5. Dulux accentuates its ‘Velvet Touch’ with Pearl Glo: The campaign, conceptualised by McCann Erickson, uses the transformational power of colour to signify the equation of accelerated success. Brand icon Farhan Akhtar features in the TVC that premieres today. The brand has started promoting on social media too. Read more here.