1. Facebook SMB business is no different from a startup: Sachin Rao, Facebook India: In India, Sachin Rao has been mandated the responsibility of growing engagement with SMBs and tapping them effectively to improve the connection between the social giant and netizens. YourStory spoke to Sachin to understand the plan for the country and his strategy of execution. Read more here.
2. Quartz to join battle of foreign brands for India’s online news traffic: Quartz, the US-based Atlantic Media’s popular online business news brand, is entering India amid a sharpening battle for online eyeballs among foreign media brands. The article looks at the growing trend. Read more here.
3. Facebook ‘like-farming’ a big scam, and how you may be helping it? The article talks about Like Farmers who create several pages on Facebook just with the intention of getting viral images to spread over the site. The article further talks about how an average Facebook user falls for the scams. Read more here.
4. Flipkart’s Sachin Bansal on how the internet revolution is changing India: The article talks about how Flipkart began six years ago at a time when people were not comfortable shopping online. Today one in every three new customers comes through mobile and this is increasing year on year. The article further shares how the startup has evolved and drew strengths from the environment and the people with it. Read more here.
5. Marketing in the Post Advertising Age: It’s Not About Advertisements: With time today traditional marketing and advertising mediums are getting replaced by digital media. The article shares insights for marketers on what they can learn from some recent digital campaigns and how to get attention from the digitally evolving customers. Read more here.