Here’s a quick list of the best digital marketing stories from the week gone by. A quick reminder LI B2B Digital Campaign Awards 2015 launched recently is now open for entries; the last date for submissions is Jan 29, 2016.
1. Content Marketing Will Drive B2B Digital Marketing In 2016: In 2015 The Association of National Advertisers listed “Content Marketing” as the word of the year. This year it will play a big role in both B2B as well as B2C. Read more here.
2. 15 Major Updates From Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & WhatsApp: Social network updates from the week – Facebook just launched its own version of Twitter’s Moments, Google debuts ‘Real-Time Ads’, WhatsApp goes free. Read more here.
3. 9 Global Digital Marketing Campaigns That You Should Read This Week: Best of the global campaigns from let week which includes Heineken running “Moderate Drinkers Wanted, Unilever has launched “Find Your Magic” and more. Read more here.
Expert Guest Posts
4. Changing Behavior Of Media Buying A Digital Market In 2016 – Vikram Gupta: 2016 will be a very positive year for digital media buying and will see transition to and creation of new norms says Vikram Gupta, Business Director, Havas Media. Read more here.
5. Five Digital Trends That Are Unlikely To Change In India In 2016 – Ashwath Ganesan: National Head of Planning at OgilvyOne, Ashwath Ganesan takes a skeptical look at the future of digital in India in 2016, where we still wouldn’t know what to measure, VR isn’t the next big thing and more. Read more here.
6. 5 Ways For Brands To Get More Personal In 2016 – Karan Bhujbal: Research, product personalization, crowdsourcing, more engaged experiences are some of the ways by which brands can get more personal in 2016, writes Karan Bhujbal. Read more here.
7. Digital Will Become The Glue That Will Hold All Brand Actions Together – S Yesudas: There will be robust content strategies and not just mindless videos in the coming months, believes S Yesudas, MD & Co Founder at triggerbridge, the unagency. Read more here.
8. Marketers’ Challenges For Digital Media Buying & Their Solutions – Shweta Ayare: Shweta Ayare, Head – Media Spends, Gozoop talks about the many challenges of which a major one lies in the unclear objective, budgets allocated and finding the right approach towards attaining digital goals. Read more here.
Digital Wishlist for 2016
9. A 5-Point Digital Marketing Trends Wishlist From Mitchelle Carvalho For 2016: As much as acquiring a consumer’s eyeball is everything, more ‘need’ and less ‘want’ based digital advertising must be the long-term objective writes Mitchelle Carvalho in her 2016 digital wishlist. Read more here.
2015 Campaign Award Submissions
10. How Carat-Isobar India Helped Chevrolet Sell 8 Trailblazer SUVs Through Amazon India In 5 Days: Case study by Carat-Isobar India in which the agency through a series of digital activities, successfully impacted the launch and sale of Trailblazer, the new SUV by Chevrolet. Read more here.
11. How Graffiti Collaborative’s Relaunch Of Britannia Good Day Made A Significant Boost In Its Perception & Grew Sales By 23% M-o-M: Case study by Graffiti Collaborative on the digital relaunch campaign for Britannia Good Day, wherein the agency executed a massive 360 degree integrated campaign. Read more here.
12. How ShopClues’ Quirky Oh Bhaisaab Campaign Grew Brand Awareness For Its Sunday Flea Market: Case study on Shopclues’ Oh Bhaisaab wherein the ecommerce brand increased awareness of its ‘Sunday Flea Market’; Social media profiles were created for Bhaisaab to engage with online consumers. Read more here.
13. How Blogworks’ Sennheiser Top50 Campaign Built A Meaningful Connect With 350+ Music Bands: Case Study by Blogworks for Sennheiser in which the agency created a one-of-a-kind annual leaderboard of emerging music bands to be judged by India’s top music talent. Read more here.
14. How Chilli Paneer 2 Reached Out To 260K+ Unique Visitors & Helped Build Brand Awareness For DBS India: Case study by Sapient Nitro and Futureready Media for DBS Bank India to help build brand awareness in India, via an integrated campaign comprising storytelling, food influencers, contests and more. Read more here.
15. How Interface Communications’ NIVEA Mom’s Touch CSR Campaign Helped The Brand Successfully Reinforce ‘CARE’ As Its Core Value: Case study by Interface Communications For NIVEA India’s social initiative in which the skin care brand teamed up with an NGO to support mothers from marginalized communities. Read more here.
16. How Dentsu Webchutney’s Innovative WhatsApp Hack Grew Sales For Cafe TC By 28%: Case study by Dentsu Webchutney in which the agency brilliantly used WhatsApp as a marketing medium to engage and grow sales for Cafe TC, despite WhatsApp not selling ads. Read more here.
17. How Digital Republik Generated Leads And Built An Online Soccer Community For Soccer Connections: Case study by Digital Republik for Soccer Connections in which the agency helped build an online community of parents and kids for the soccer coaching brand, and generated leads. Read more here.
18. How RepIndia’s #SaluteSelfie Campaign For Reliance Group Dominated The Independence Day Conversations: Case study by RepIndia for Reliance Group in which the agency leveraged Independence Day sentiments on digital with ‘Salute Selfies’, a tricolour overlay was added to every selfie shared. Read more here.
19. How MEC Global’s #WhatsNewThisDiwali For Citibank Saw The Highest Ever Monthly Credit Cards Spends Volume During Diwali: Case study by MEC Global for Citibank where the idea was to leverage the festive season of Diwali to drive card spends, aid new acquisitions and build brand preference for its credit cards. Read more here.
20. How Gozoop’s #ShareTheJoy For Dell India Leveraged The Festive Spirit To Reach Out To Over 45.7 M Digital Users: Case study by Gozoop for Dell India in which the agency employed a gamut of content marketing strategies to make a mark in the highly cluttered festive market in India. Read more here.
21. How Infosys Built Brand Awareness During ATP World Tour By Sharing Live Tweets With Key Data Insights: Case study by Infosys in which the Global Technology Services Partner for ATP World Tour tapped into conversations on Twitter, by sharing data insights as creative visuals and videos in real time. Read more here.