The week gone by (11-15 January, 2016) was nothing short of exciting. Along with producing interesting original stories, we’ve been maintaining a balance between editorial content and expert opinion on various stories. Our quest to discover and appreciate the encouraging work executed in the B2B digital space, has also found a form. LI B2B Digital Campaign Awards 2015 launched last week is now open for entries; the last date for submissions is Jan 29, 2016.
Meanwhile here’s a quick list of the best digital marketing stories from the week gone by:
1. #The6PackBand: India Gets Its First Transgender Band, Courtesy Red Label: Y Films and Brooke Bond Red Label are steering on determined to tackle the ostracization of Indian transgenders with a rock band, their first single is a desi cover of Happy by Pharrell Williams. Read more here.
2. CarDekho’s New TVC Features Its Own Employees As ‘Mental Engineers’: The auto portal has employed its own employees to show us how it brings about its ‘Feel the car’ feature on the CarDekho app, the TVC shows its ‘mental engineers’ at work. Read more here.
3. #IBelieveInIM: Now IndiaMART Woos Sellers In Its New Video-driven Campaign: Online marketplace IndiaMART’s #IBelieveInIM video series brings forth compelling real life stories of success of SME entrepreneurs, who’ve partnered with the company. Read more here.
4. 8 Global Digital Marketing Campaigns That You Should Read This Week: Best global digital marketing campaigns of the week – Belgium’s has a wacky new tourism campaign, Vox embracing programmatic advertising, Alan Rickman and the Tortoise. Read more here.
5. 5 Major Indian Email Marketing Trending Data For 2016 – Octane Report: In 2016, India Marketers are expecting a considerable impact of Social Media on Email Marketing Campaigns, highlights the Octane Research – State of Online Marketing in India 2016. Read more here.
Expert guest posts
6. What Netflix Launch In India Means And The Unique Challenges It Will Face – Pandurang Nayak: Netflix has come to India giving a push to video streaming but will it have a dream run. Pandurang Nayak, CTO of Fork Media warns about the unique challenges it will face in India. Read more here.
7. Shaping The Future Of Digital Through Learning & Development – Srinivas Kulkarni: Srinivas Kulkarni believes just knowing trends isn’t enough for marketers, it is about how well we ‘Train our Workforce’ to derive business results. Read more here.
8. Do Long Format Digital Films Work – Babita Baruah: Babita Baruah, SVP and Head, PO1 Unit, JWT, Delhi believes it isn’t about whether a long duration video works, but whether the piece is captivating enough to retain our increasingly short attention span, across screens. Read more here.
9. Why PR Must Play The Long Game For Digital, But Quickly – Paarul Chand: PR firms don’t do enough to profile and promote their work in digital says Paarul Chand and this is not good. She talks about the bad and good in Digital PR in India. Read more here.
Digital wishlist for 2016
10. A 5-Point Digital Technologies Wishlist That Can Have A Big Impact On Ordinary Indians – Shubho Sengupta: Shubho Sengupta wishes it were ridiculously easy for startups to kick off, in his 5 point Digital Technologies wishlist that can impact ordinary Indians’ lives for the better. Read more here.
11. A 6-Point Digital Marketing Wishlist From Graffiti Collaborative For 2016: Shweta Thakur, Director at Graffiti Collaborative would like to see a new social media platform which works purely on content, as part of her wishlist for 2016. Read more here.
12. A 5-Point Digital Marketing Trends Wishlist From Chetan Asher For 2016: CEO at Tonic Media, Chetan Asher’s quick wishlist lists trends that could become mainstream in 2016: surge in emerging technologies, mobile focused campaigns and more. Read more here.
2015 Campaign Award Submissions
13. How Experience Commerce Generated Demand For Lenovo A6000 At Flipkart Flash Sale: Case study by Experience Commerce on how the agency used a unique combination of engagement plus performance marketing that led to a total of 1.8 million clicks on Flipkart for Lenovo A6000. Read more here.
14. How Woo App’s #FindMagicFindLove Grew Brand Awareness And Conversion Rate For Downloads To 2X: Case study by matchmaking app Woo that used a combination of content marketing strategies to build awareness for its new features and demonstrate how it helps singles discover meaningful love. Read more here.
15. How CogMat Engaged KLM Airlines’ Potential Customers With #LetsGoDutch Campaign: Case study by CogMat for KLM, where the main ideology was to engage the kind of audience that had the purchasing power to buy a KLM ticket, and not those looking to win freebies from the airline. Read more here.
16. India’s First YouTube 360 Video By STAR Plus Manages To Impress 44 M Digital Users: Case study on India’s first ever YouTube 360 video created for Dance Plus, a dance reality show on Star Plus, that led to the first episode garnering top TV ratings. Read more here.
17. How Flying Cursor’s ‘Go Gusto Rides’ Campaign Reached Out To 4 M Digital Users For Mahindra Gusto: Case study on GoGustoRides, a digital campaign to build brand recognition, seed conversations and generate engagement around the award winning scooter Mahindra Gusto. Read more here.
18. #MyFirstHero: How Chimp&Z Got Gen Y To Connect With Godrej Expert On Father’s Day: Case study on the Father’s Day digital campaign by Chimp&z for Godrej Expert, wherein youngsters could send a video and a personalized message to their fathers on Whatsapp. Read more here.
19. How Havas Media Got 1.7 M Doctor Who’s Fans To Celebrate His Birthday For STAR FX: Case study on Doctor Who’s 52nd birthday digital celebrations by Havas Media for Star FX, in which the agency created the first ever digital one-on-one between Indian fans and The Doctor himself. Read more here.
20. How OgilvyOne Bangalore Created Massive Engagement By Reaching Out To 16,000 Unique Users For Amazon Diwali Sale: Case study by OgilvyOne for Amazon Diwali sale, where the agency engaged people with a mixture of content and engagement ideas centred on Diwali, its common symbols and festivities. Read more here.