Here’s a quick list of the best digital marketing stories from the week gone by. A quick reminder LI B2B Digital Campaign Awards 2015 launched recently is still open for entries.
Guest Editor of February, 2016
This month, Srinivas Kulkarni, Head, Learning & Development and Analytics wing, Social Kinnect is the guest editor at LI. He will explore different aspects of Learning and Development for the benefit of agencies and brands. His first article focuses on the challenges:
1. Transforming Pitfalls And Problems To Perks And Passion For Digital Via Learning And Development: Many problems that a digital agency faces is because they lack a strong structure aimed towards learning and development of their workforce, Srinivas Kulkarni, our guest editor points out.
2. McDonald’s Wants The New Maharaja Mac To Be Your Social Burger. Is It Doing Enough? McDonald’s has introduced a bigger Maharaja Mac and is calling it “The Social Burger”. However the brand could have done much more on digital just around the phrase, to own that tag.
3. Inside The Step-By-Step Introductory Guide Video Of Babajob. And It Isn’t Boring: Ankit Mishra, Creative Head at Babajob talks about the objective, video making process and why it is becoming a success already.
4. 10 Global Digital Marketing Campaigns That You Should Read This Week: Best global campaigns of the week – Microsoft Super Bowl 2016, Snapchat first app install ad, Heinz Wiener Stampede.
5. 9 Major Updates From Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter & Instagram: Major social network updates – WhatsApp hits One Billion users, Facebook changes news feed algorithm, Instagram launches minute long video ads, and more.
6. Radical Bytes By Prashant Kohli – Digital Campaigns That Challenge The Ordinary: Prashant Kohli, in his first bimonthly column piece ‘Radical Bytes‘ shares his thoughts about amazing global digital campaigns like Volkswagen Trailer Assist, #ICan’tCompromise and more.
Expert Guest Posts
7. Coca-Cola 1886 To 2016 – How The Brand Continues To Evolve In Its Marketing Communications: 2016 saw Coca-Cola change its much celebrated philosophy of “Open Happiness” to “Taste the Feelings”. Anadi Sah takes us through the journey of this ever evolving brand over the years.
8. How Effective Is SEO In The Age Of Content Marketing: Content marketing is primarily an SEO tactic, and the two have to work together for either to be truly effective online, writes Prasad Pillai.
9. Using Technology To Gizmofy Your Digital Strategy In 2016: Virtual Reality revolution is changing the digital marketing landscape says Anthony Padayachi in this post on how brands can spark their digital marketing offerings with cool tech in 2016.
10. From Credibility To Visibility – The Changing Times Of Blogger-Brand Engagement: A once strong proponent of the blogger-brand engagement is now skeptical of the credibility and influence of blogs; the lack of authenticity could eventually lead to their demise writes Palin Ningthoujam.
11. The Super Bowl 50 Talking Heads Ads Are Well Into Breaking The Label Of Advertising Documentary: Prabhakar Mundkur, Founder at mindovermatter writes how ads from Mini and Budweiser are breaking the label of the advertising documentary this Super Bowl 2016.
2015 Campaign Award Submissions
12. How Prodigitz Media Leveraged Friendship Day For Havmor With User-Generated Dubsmash Videos: Case study by Prodigitz Media for ice cream brand Havmor, in which the agency played on the popularity of dubsmash for Friendship Day getting friends to dubsmash together.
13. How Dentsu Webchutney Built Brand Recall And Traffic For Payback With #PointKyaHai: Case study by Dentsu Webchutney for Payback, a customer loyalty program in which the agency tackled the problem of brand recall, share of voice, engagement along with driving traffic to the site and mobile.
14. How MTV Digital’s Great Selfie Challenge Reached Out To More Than 8M Unique Users For Panasonic Eluga S: Case study by MTV Digital in which the agency set about establishing the new Panasonic Eluga S as the phone for selfies, powered with a selfie challenge.
15. How The Glitch Got 1000 Storytellers For The #Endless Center Fresh Comic & Achieved A Unique Reach Of 1M+: Case study by The Glitch for Center Fresh in which the agency created #Endless storytellers out of people for a crowdsourced comic, thereby bringing alive the gum’s endless freshness.
16. How Webenza And Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Leveraged Content To Educate People On Tax Saving Ways & Captured Leads: Case study by Webenza for Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance in which the agency embarked on a massive informative and engaging content marketing strategy to drive awareness and leads.
17. How Bajaj Allianz Life JFC Season 6 Received 6000 Entries For Its Annual Football Talent Hunt: Case study by Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance for its Junior Football camp wherein the brand went online to discover aspiring footballers aged between 14 and 16 years across the country.