Last week India witnessed the madness called Sachin Tendulkar. The cricketer played his last 200th test match at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai. Social media streams experienced the madness as fans continuously talked and shared about the little master. Hashtag #ThankYouSachin continued to trend at the top of India Twitter Trends since the second last test match which was played at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Earlier in the day, it was reported that BCCI created history on Twitter as its #ThankYouSachin initiative crossed 3 million tweets.
Unmetric, the social media brand monitoring product has pulled out a list of the most shared messages from brands on the occasion. We have curated the 10 most engaging Facebook posts from brands based upon the number of shares and have listed below:
1. Vodafone Zoozoos: The telecom provider’s most adorable characters Zoozoos also thanked the little master. The visual image shared on 16th November, 2013 has received more than 3.9K shares and more than 25K have joined in sharing thoughts in the comments section. The content remains to be the most engaged content on Facebook by any brand in India.
2. Adidas Cricket: The outdoor gear brand that has powered sports, shared a visual image of the cricketer which was made of all the records he scored till date in his cricketing career spanning 24 years. The interesting visual content got more than 850 shares and more than 8K people have liked it.
3. ICICI Bank: The bank shared a visual on 15th November and thanked the cricketer with a simple #ThankYouSachin message for the 24 years of entertainment and dedication. The content has received more than 502 shares and more than 4K likes.
4. Micromax Mobile: The mobile brand emphasized on the masters can do attitude still after 24 years of service in his 200th test match. The interesting visual was shared 450 times and more than 5K people have liked it.
5. Tata Docomo: The mobile operator asked fans to cheer one more time and even download the Sachin Anthem. The not so exciting visual has been shared 434 times and liked by 8K people. The brand could have done better by sharing an original content on the occasion.
6. Aviva: The life insurance brand endorsed by the cricketer himself, congratulated him for the special commemorative stamp released on the occasion of his 200th test match. The content received more than 300 shares and more than 2K people liked it.
7. Flipkart: The eCommerce brand asked fans to check out the awesome Sachin Tendulkar memorabilia and collectibles available on Flipkart while saluting the master. The brand that wanted to cash in on the moment received more than 260K shares and 5K likes for the visual.
8. Shaadi: The matrimonial brand ran a contest on the timeline by asking fans to give interesting and witty answers on Sachin’s longest Partnership. The visual image shared the cricketer’s wedding to Anjali. The content has received more than 300 shares and 4K likes.
9. Panasonic India: The consumer electronics brand wished the ‘God Of Cricket’ on his last leg. The content was shared more than 225 times with more than 2.5K people liking it.
10. LensKart: The online optical store joined the celebrations too and pasted Sachin’s farewell speech. The content got more than 187 shares with more than 448 likes but the content could have been more appealing rather than just a simple text.
For me Adidas Cricket stands out only for the creativity, how about you? By the way if you come across some amazing content shared by brands/personal pages, do share in the comments section. Once again #ThankYouSachin!